When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Norwigan members read

Dani

• 3 weeks later...

I'll give the translation a go.. Not perfect, but you get the meaning. :)

Harder for pirates

Customs now have the opportunity to hold back goods they suspect to be pirated.

Up until recently, customs have been powerless against importers of pirate goods unless the owner of the trademark has obtained a court order. Laws have now been changed to make it harder for pirates. From September, customs were given extended authorization for holding back forged merchandise.

-We

I wouldn't start worrying too much.. It signals a tougher line, but they are more concerned about things that affect health and safety.

With the influx of immigrants from less safety conscious parts of the world, came unoriginal (and of very poor quality) parts for cars, motorcycles and machinery. Having a brother in law who works on motorcycles and is always looking to save a buck, I have seen the result of a VERY cheap pakistani-made R-bike tire.

..that's just one example though.. And I know at least Rolex, Omega, Gucci and LV as well as the other high end brands have had the temporary precaution measures for years.. That didn't stop the copied goods from entering norway in the past, and I can't imagine it will in the near future.

I wouldn't start worrying too much.. It signals a tougher line, but they are more concerned about things that affect health and safety.

With the influx of immigrants from less safety conscious parts of the world, came unoriginal (and of very poor quality) parts for cars, motorcycles and machinery. Having a brother in law who works on motorcycles and is always looking to save a buck, I have seen the result of a VERY cheap pakistani-made R-bike tire.

..that's just one example though.. And I know at least Rolex, Omega, Gucci and LV as well as the other high end brands have had the temporary precaution measures for years.. That didn't stop the copied goods from entering norway in the past, and I can't imagine it will in the near future.

Hi, ok thanks for info. (I apologize for not keeping stricktly to english. But as norwegian and english are both germanic languages, I assumed it was acceptable :-) I promise to behave in the future, possibly :-)

Thanks for all input. I shall await my shipment with some excitement. :p

gunnars

• 8 months later...

I have ordered a breitling from andrew. I have been a little bit worried about customs. But after browsing forums and the internet, and PMs with forum members Im relaxed about this issue.

:p

Edited by aspartam