When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My watch is in US custom for two days

dvn

I have purchase watches from Joshua (if i remember correctly he is shipping from Singapore) and watches from Eddie Lee (shipping from Taiwan) and none of them went through custom as i was tracking them. This time i purchased from King (the watch is shipped from China ) and it is stuck in custom for 2 days now and should i be concerned? Does US custom always inspect Watch from China only? How long would Custom hold the watch for?

Any comments?

Edited by nguyendd

From my experience, it shouldnt be there any longer than 2 days. The thing is that online tracking isn't always accurate. I've had watches show up at my doorstep when online tracking said that they were still in customs. I had one batch of watches held up for 3-4 days, they opened it up, appraised them as authentic and taxed me accordingly. I had to write a check for $120 to a mail man when he showed up at my door. I've never had one actually confiscated by customs. If your shipper didn't market it as a gift, you may have to get ready to pay taxes on however much customs thinks the package is worth. -TWG

If the mail man asking me for money i would not accept the watch then. How would the dealer handle situation like that? Any comments please

From my experience, it shouldnt be there any longer than 2 days. The thing is that online tracking isn't always accurate. I've had watches show up at my doorstep when online tracking said that they were still in customs. I had one batch of watches held up for 3-4 days, they opened it up, appraised them as authentic and taxed me accordingly. I had to write a check for $120 to a mail man when he showed up at my door. I've never had one actually confiscated by customs. If your shipper didn't market it as a gift, you may have to get ready to pay taxes on however much customs thinks the package is worth. -TWG

I thought everything goes through customs from outside US except letters? I live on the west coast and everything I have had delivered goes through Frisco customs, about a 2 day wait.

Yes, everything goes through customs, but someone posted a link before that showed most of the packages that were inspected by customs originated from China...and it was a huge amount compared to all the other countries.

I just ordered a watch from King today, and I live in California..hope everything goes well.

I didn't have any issues with a watch from Andrew that came from his supplier in China.

If the mail man asking me for money i would not accept the watch then. How would the dealer handle situation like that? Any comments please

I'd like an answer to that as well, I have held off from purchasing a couple of watches due to this concern.

Edited by grebeck

I have purchase watches from Joshua (if i remember correctly he is shipping from Singapore) and watches from Eddie Lee (shipping from Taiwan) and none of them went through custom as i was tracking them. This time i purchased from King (the watch is shipped from China ) and it is stuck in custom for 2 days now and should i be concerned? Does US custom always inspect Watch from China only? How long would Custom hold the watch for?

Any comments?

Funny - we evidently have very similar tastes in dealers - I buy my watches from Joshua, Ms. King, and Eddie Lee, although I have also dealt with some others I know who are not on the board. I have bought a lot - although some here have it worse than me.

post-223-1148106927_thumb.jpg I have more.

When I first started (with others before I came here), I tracked packages, and learned I was being cheated . . . several times. I also agonized over Customs. I think that is a new buyer syndrome.

One things you can know for sure - none of the above referenced folks will scam you. If they sold it, they send it. My very best advice is to thank dealers for the tracking numbers, and forget about it. It's amazing how many times packages appear at your door before they are trackable, and I never yet lost a watch to Customs.

Don't sweat it - it's only a watch and if it gets seized, let the dealer who sold it to you know.

Bill

I ordered three watches from Andrew 15 days ago. The tracking number says they are in New York as of May 11 (9 days ago) and I still have not seen them. Last time I ordered, it was two days from NY to my door. Is this current situation normal from what you guys have seen in the past?

I get packages weekly from China. To this day, only one has actually been opened, and that was the one where the dealer forgot to fill out the custom's paperwork. That box contained about 6 watches. I wrote a check to the postal service when the mail guy showed up simply because it would be an even larger pain in the ass to decline the shipment.

You can't really blame a dealer if your package gets seized, it is afterall, illegal.

You folks in California should be ok. This year thus far I've had around 40-50 packages go through San Francisco customs, and only one of them had a problem. No confiscations, just had to pay taxes on it!

Than you all for your comments and guest what? A postal worker showed up my house house this morning round 10am (yes it in on sunday) to deliver my package. It is a beutiful FM consquisdator 2893 from King.

Edited by nguyendd

i think if the watches are not rolex than it should move right along ,,

for some reason ROLEX IN CUSTOMS is pretty bad news my friend received a pretty nasty letter from ROLEX lawyers stating that he was going to get sued for 1million $$$$$ :black_eye:

& that he had to send them $300 :g:

man thats sick !!

good luck man ,,.

I would like very much to have a copy of that letter - or the original if they will part with it.

Bill

I would like very much to have a copy of that letter - or the original if they will part with it.

Bill

it issued from the NYC ROLEX co. my friend almost had a hear attack when he saw $1million $$$$

he sent the $300 money to rolex watch co with a NYC address

the lawyers name i think was john malacusso or something like that .. he freaked out ..

it issued from the NYC ROLEX co. my friend almost had a hear attack when he saw $1million $$$$

he sent the $300 money to rolex watch co with a NYC address

the lawyers name i think was john malacusso or something like that .. he freaked out ..

I believe you - I have heard about this letter but I have never seen one. I am curious to see what they offer as their rationalization.

It is completely legal to buy all the reps you want in this country, and unless you have some kind of relationship with Rolex, I don't see the basis for any obligation.

What they do have to threaten you with is "slap litigation" which is to say they have the lawyers on staff to ruin a person forced to pay a lawyer to defend them. If you don't need to hire a lwayr to draft and file responsive pleadings, I don't see that they can effectively do anything to you for buying watches.

I would like to have an original of one of those letters though.

Bill

I believe you - I have heard about this letter but I have never seen one. I am curious to see what they offer as their rationalization.

It is completely legal to buy all the reps you want in this country, and unless you have some kind of relationship with Rolex, I don't see the basis for any obligation.

What they do have to threaten you with is "slap litigation" which is to say they have the lawyers on staff to ruin a person forced to pay a lawyer to defend them. If you don't need to hire a lwayr to draft and file responsive pleadings, I don't see that they can effectively do anything to you for buying watches.

I would like to have an original of one of those letters though.

Bill

if i remember corectly in the old RWG some guys posted the ROLEX letter & i remembered it said it is illegal to buy , sell rolex replicas ..i wish some one can reposted

That's one of the reasons I stay away from Rolex replicas. The brand name is just too well known, even the lackeys working at customs know what a Rolex is. Buying and selling replicas is taken seriously at times. I remember back in 2002 I knew this guy who used to sell wallets and watches on the street and he served 8 months after getting pinched with some Rolex replicas. Now he just sells wallets haha!

I have not read the letter of the Rolex and it is the first time that I feel speak of it.

However the Rolex enjoys of industrial brevets to guardianship of the rights of monopoly on his creations.

I know that that I say from the legal point of view.

Legally The Rolex can ask damages under a lot of voices :

1) has protected the look of his clocks;

2) has protected the crown;

3) has protected the changes to the movement (even if the movement is not original entirely but derived by others you see the case of the old Daytona);

4) has protected the bracelet;

5) has protected his image;

6) has protected the affiliate retailers;

7) has protected the pieces of exchange (they are not furnished if not to affiliate clockmaking you see cause in progress of the orologias against the Rolex);

Who purchases a false Rolex it produces a damage that him repart according to the voices.

A similar case in Italy has seen contrasted the NOKIA against Chinese importers.

The NOKIA has won.

Another interesting aspect of the Rolex is that it doesn't deal with a society but of a foundation in whose purpose is written note guardianship and protection of the mark.

This because an industrial product has been protected as an object of art.

I believe that there am a big difference among an unique piece and a Rolex.

At least this it is my opinion.

However all we would like to give a glance to this letter to understand.

Even some weak point in the position of the Rolex can be found.

Edited by MAHLER

That's one of the reasons I stay away from Rolex replicas. The brand name is just too well known, even the lackeys working at customs know what a Rolex is. Buying and selling replicas is taken seriously at times. I remember back in 2002 I knew this guy who used to sell wallets and watches on the street and he served 8 months after getting pinched with some Rolex replicas. Now he just sells wallets haha!

i 2nd that ! since that happend to my friend i must admit i have stop i have stopped buying r@lex reps , bought some omegas & soon i will be buying my 1st pam :rolleyes: ..

i do love my r@lex reps but ever since that incedent iv become a lil paranoid wearing my rollies :animal_rooster: ..

i have to say that i was buying i guitar at the NYC guitar center & i was wearing a eta r@lex gmt rep & some guy came up to me & said nice rolex gmt im a rolex employ :o man i must admit i was a lil scared that he would report me to the r@lex police :whistling: lucky that he was browsing guitars & i gently removed my self from where he was looking at guitars .. i posted that incedent a few weeks ago .. call me paranoid but its gotten a lil to risky to wear r@lex reps in public ..

soon ill be wearing a lil pammy :victory: as soon as i choose 1 out of a million models they have out there :g: ..