When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gauging the Interest On Group Buy

TWP

OK...I'll say what everyone's thinking: How about lining up a discount on the new Aquatimer Chrono?

Thanks for taking the initiative :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am leary to get a group buy going on a watch that has not yet come out, preorders only, i have one model in my hand, and there may be issues. A lot of times issues with the watches do not start to circulate until the watch has been out at least one month.

But I will consider it.

Yes i can do a group buy for this watch. Price would be $995 dollars and at least 30 interested members :p

IWC 3717 w/packaged black and brown straps. Awesome rep, proven quality, timeless piece. Doesn't need to be worn fearing the loss of screws. Can't go wrong. That said, the cousteau diver wouldn't be a bad option either, but given some of the work needed to get it really high quality, I'd prefer to see the 3717. Whatever it is, with a few exceptions, I would be interested.

group buys I'm in for:

-some type of PAM -.-

-some type of PVD PAM

-Chopard

etc.. forget the HBB's, people want it but can't justify the money for it, so even group buys won't work.. and in all honesty you should go for

-TAG AQUARACER daydate (TWP this may be your best bet.. get a group buy going for this and i guarantee you, people will join, i for one am in) seriously.. if you do a group buy for this, most everyone will jump in

group buys I'm in for:

-some type of PAM -.-

-some type of PVD PAM

Yes, and yes.

-Chopard

Eh. :)

-TAG AQUARACER daydate (TWP this may be your best bet.. get a group buy going for this and i guarantee you, people will join, i for one am in) seriously.. if you do a group buy for this, most everyone will jump in

Would be interested for my boyfriend.

For me, the Big Pilot 3717 which Defacto also mentioned.

Yes, and yes.

Eh. :)

Would be interested for my boyfriend.

For me, the Big Pilot 3717 which Defacto also mentioned.

i'm dead serious.. if TWP organizes a group buy for the Tag Aquaracer, everyone would jump in

*EVERYONE* ... why?

cuz it'll make the price cheap -.- cheap price for one of the best reps around = massive buying frenzy

:p so yea, a group buy for the Tag Aquaracer would get everyone in the pool

I'd be in for a Slevin please, if the discount is right.

(I don't think you answered Pug's question - do you have the Aquatimer chrono?)

I'm game ... but monster sized PAM's aren't up my alley (but maybe a group buy would be all it takes).

Cousteau or Aquaracer for sure.

Maciek's post on his Egyptian hols had an odd effect on me.

I now want his girlfriend's white Seatimer AND his Cousteau Diver. But now that Pix posted the IWC Porto in RG, I want that too.

Basically, I've come to the conclusion that I'm impressionable. And I just like watches. :lol:

see? everything comes back to price ^_^ that's why the Aquaracer is the best choice for a Group Buy

the main thing is that whatever the group buy be.. it has to be at a relatively affordable pricepoint to begin with (no HBB's, no AP's, no MBW's, etc etc for obvious reasons, people are dreaming if they want these for cheap)

so the main thing is the actual watch has to be within $200-300 BEFORE the groupbuy.. $400 (for the 2007 Costeau is ok as well) but nothing more than that..

so realistically.. the best bet is the kickass Tag Aquaracer, which *EVERYONE* would buy.. or a PAM since PAM's usually hover around the $200-300 anyways//

it's pricepoint is already enticing and the group buy would just bump it lower... so yea,

Aquaracer TWP, I'm definitely in for one or a PAM B)

Maciek's post on his Egyptian hols had an odd effect on me.

I now want his girlfriend's white Seatimer AND his Cousteau Diver. But now that Pix posted the IWC Porto in RG, I want that too.

Basically, I've come to the conclusion that I'm impressionable. And I just like watches. :lol:

Screw the Seatimer I want the girlfriend :lol:;)

I beleive I need to ask a question here.

In the past , group buys have been the reserve of members, who negotiate a price with a dealer , for a given quantity, and discount, and then put the offer to the members.

In this instance , we are looking more at a situation, where a dealer is getting great market intelligence (nothing wrong with that) and then arranging to offer a price, based on potential quantities.( and popular product)

This subject has been discussed in admin, we have no rules in place for it, and really just want to get a feeling from the member group, as to how this sits with them.

Obviously the watches don't yet exist "in stock", so the dealer is literally saying, "Tell me what you want, make a commitment, and I will tell you how much you can have it for!"

As I see it, at this time there is no offer, as there is no price... you could be offered 90% discount, but until a price is known.. it becomes 90% of nothing.

This is not to denigrate this approach, merely to question it.

So what say the member group? Should dealers offer group buys? or should this be something reserved for keen members to arrange?

Offshore

"In another life I work in a senior purchasing role"