When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fiddy with ss bracelet

ispolef

Anyone seen a Fiddy with a SS bracelet, or have pics? I wonder how it will look, does anyone have any pics? I know its not gen, but I like ss bracelets much more then straps

I like the way you think ! :D

Would sure like to see a fiddy on steel, too!

But perhaps a cast iron chain, like those who keep the anchor on a ship would be more appropriate (vintage)....

For a moment, I thought I was going to see fiddy in SS, some things just should be left alone, and the fiddy in steel is one of them.

i would kill for seeing this combo B)

And I would become Dr. Crippen or Lizzy Borden after seeing that combo.

anyway, pams are made for leather-lovers. This isnt even questionable although I am a pam bracelet lover myself :p

Having just gotten a Panerai bracelet, I neither hate the metal like I thought I would, but nah, it's just not for my Panerais either.

And yes, Fiddy on SS. EWWWW. I dare you to post that on Risti! Double-dog dare you! ;)

Much as an SS bracelet lover myself, some watches just do not belong with SS bracelets... e.g. Radiomir, Fiddy.

Turning it around, try imagine wearing a sub on a leather strap...

Actually...I gave my dad a 5517 from Josh for his birthday and he wasn't crazy about the nato strap and was making noises about getting a leather strap from the mall jewelry kiosk! So I sourced him a good leather breitling style strap from The Watch Prince and he loves it..and I think it looks quite good actually.

uh folks...

the fiddy has 26mm lugs and takes a 26mm strap. AFAIK there is not and never has been a 26mm panerai bracelet.

24mm for the 44mm pams and 22mm for the 40mm.

you not only have not seen it but probably never will ;)

Well, if it isn't Mr. or Miss Logical raining on our SS bracelet parade!!

;)

Just kidding. Sure, everyone knows that. But I think what the original poster meant was have you guys ever seen a Fiddy on some kind of SS bracelet -- maybe an adapted one, or perhaps some metalsmith made an one-off, rather like GPF Dep-Mod buckles are done.

TTBOMK, that bracelet doesn't exist. But SSsurfer comes back today, and if there is one person who would know, it is he. B)

Try reading the "History" behind the Panerai watch from it's conception and "why" it was conceived, and the evolution of the Panerai watch.

Once you appreciate the evolution and rich history of this watch that was started by a luxury clock maker I think you will understand "why" a SS bracelet would be like oil and vinegar .. it just won't mix ... :yucky:

your mind set is in the modern esthetics and not the "Tradition" that was laid down by an Italian arstisan and craftsman..

So i urge you to let this time piece take it's "proper" place in the "style and function" that it was meant for.. it does for me represent a part of History.

and if that is not enough explanation for you .. Just don't do it... :angry: .... (just joking) add on:.. members have inquired about modifying a 24 mm bracelet to fit a 26 mm lugs..

Respectfully ,

Lanikai

• 7 months later...