When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wristwatch Annual 2007

TWP

I am sure there are enough owners here that have the Annual that would not mind sharing their two cents with me. I just received my 1/4 lee bonus, plus stashed some money from the watchful eye of my wife, and have decided on a couple of watches. So please I entertain all thought and suggestions.

A few weeks ago I got my first Anomino rep The Millemetri. It is a very sharp rep, well built and fairly close to the gen. Wearing this watch i have a newly found taste for these watches. In particular the Polluce Steel and Gold.

In the annual this one can be found on page 75 top middle.

From what the annual says there are original engineers and smiths that work for Anomino, they stayed in italy when Panerai was bought by Vedome group which is now Richmond. The design lines are apparent that these guys once worked with Panerai. The watches a simple, well built with an excellent finish, and are around the 46 X 14 dimensions. The only problem i can find with this watch is that they use the SW200 as their base movement, an ETA2824-2 would have been my choice. So -1 point for that. For those with the annual below are two images of the watches that i like.

polluce.jpg

polluce_1.jpg

Arnold & Son White Ensign

My father has an old 50ish arnold and son watch that i fell in love with as a child. Still keeps perfect time. The watch i am intrested in is limited Edition to 100 pieces. It is found on page 77 bottom middle. The movement is made in house and has a nice 7 day power reserve . This is probably be the watch i get after i save some more money, and well preapprove the purchase with my wife. I love the Arnold and Son because while it has its complications the look is second to none. This watch is absolutely stunning. Note the one i want is red and black.

ArnoldSOn.jpg

#3 Probably not going to happen because this one it out of my reach currently.

Page 111

Top Left, and bottom right

blu Terzett and blu galaxy

These are beautiful pieces, elegant.

blu.jpg

Page 235

Graham Swordfish. Well this watch is going to be repped but they will never get it right. I love the black dial version and the rugged, yet sophiscated look of this watch. Aslo i believe over time this watch would retain its value and perhaps appreciate.

graham.jpg

IWC Aquatimer Chrono

Perhaps the most affordable. Another in house movement. Clean looks and a proved workhorse. Page 249 bottom middle

Zenith Xtreme Power Reserve Okay now maybe my favorite. Pg 417 top middle. I have seen these cheaper than listed. I know the rep is coming out within the next six months, but i have loved this watch since seeing the commercial. A watch that I am sure will be not only a pleasure to wear, but a good investment.

Of course in house Zenith Caliber 685SX.

zenith.jpg

So suggestions, thoughts, what did i miss? Any recommendations? I thought about saving it. Thought about buying a couple watches in the $1500-$2000 USD range.

I'd get the IWC. A gen will always be a gen, regardless of if it's repped or not.

Then again, are you buying to wear or to put in a safe and sell in a decade for your Son's college?

There's always a Sinn 7750 watch or a Chanel Superleggera. :D

gall_chanel405.jpg

I have thought about a Sinn watch. I have the cheaper U1 model and have been really happy with it. To answer question the arnold watch i might wear once a year, but this one would probably go into the bank safe as would the zenith defy. I am not sure how much they would appreciate, but I am sure the Arnold and Son would gain more value over time.

Cheers

T

I recently bought a Polluce and the bronze case is great, I love the patina that develops and it's a different watch over time because of this. I know of an all bronze case (black dial) FS on another watch forum and the gold version is on another forum as well. You can get the watch for ~$2600+/-, so looking at your other watch choices you'll have enough money left over to get something else. ;) If you want links to the Polluce FS that I know of PM me and I'll send them to you.

You never really gave us a budget to follow, but if you have the funds I would look at the GP Sea Hawk II Pro, now that's a beautiful watch that will retain it's value. :wub:

From those you placed i would choose the Zenith. You are right about keeping it's value after years, besides it is a stunning watch alive and, over all, in your wrist (in photos it looks a little too much "BUNKER") and it also have the best movements of all without any doubt.

Edited by luisik

The Polluce is stunning! Thanks for the introduction. It's just the type of watch I'm looking for at the moment - semi-formal with highly readable face/hands. I'm a psychotherapist and having a watch which the client/patient can read unobtrusively is useful. I had been thinking about a PAM but have been struggling with the sheer presence and statement that they make. Did you say that you found someone offering this as a rep? If not I'm almost up for flogging off one or two of my gens...

Cheers,

Khumzi