When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer II

By-Tor

This is probably the only watch I really regret of selling. Correct hand stack ExpII... really under appreciated Rolex among the members.

This is a photo job I once did... hope you like it.

wp.jpg

Thanks guys.

Yeah, it's one of those "forgotten" models. Would like to see more of them... great reps!

I'm planning to re-purchase this watch, and buy one of the wrong stack models of the ExpII eventually. Dunno which color though... let's hope the factories get the hour markers changed from grey to black for the white version.

I agree with the dial marker issue bytor. funny thing is, i have 2 white dials, on one of them the circle markers are the dark gray color, but the main markers are jet black. the second one has all dark gray markers. I am looking for a gen dial, but the cheapest ive found if $250usd. I am going to experiment on one of the dials, just need to research refinishing techniques a bit more. but it would be nice for the factories to make a good dial, with correct colors, correct printing, etc.... anyway great pic...

I got an Explorer II recently with white face and I really like it, it is perfect size and shape for my wrist. I like it but it has been overshadowed by the Tag Aquaracer that I also got but I think in the long run I will wear the Explorer more over time.

Do you guys know how to manual wind this watch? I tried turning it clockwise after unscrewing the crown and it didn't start the watch movement.

I have read many times about the hand stack on these explorers being (generally) wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that the hour hand should be at the bottom of the stack with the GMT hand above. I have been lusting after an Explorer 2 1655, and have noticed in this pick of a "genuine" found on the bay......

post-1404-1190143139_thumb.jpg

that he GMT hand is at the bottom of the stack (you need to zoom in a bit). Is that peculiar to this model (1655) or do some Explorers differ from others? Or .... :o good grief, could this be a rep!! If so I would love to know where they got it, I'll be there with my CC at the speed of light :lol:

This is probably the only watch I really regret of selling. Correct hand stack ExpII... really under appreciated Rolex among the members.

This is a photo job I once did... hope you like it.

Thanks to your review this was my first order from PT (black dial correct hand stack), stunning watch, best RLX rep I've seen.

By any mean, thanks for the review (and all your reviews at that) and overall great suggestion! :notworthy:

Thanks to your review this was my first order from PT (black dial correct hand stack), stunning watch, best RLX rep I've seen.

By any mean, thanks for the review (and all your reviews at that) and overall great suggestion! :notworthy:

Thanks man. Glad you found the review useful. :)

@startibartfast: You're correct... GMT hand is placed under the hour hand on the vintage models. Also on GMT Master I.

Exp2 was extremely popular when I worked in Hong Kong. I bought and sold 2 gens. I was a little obssessed with scratches at the time. I scratched the bezel on the 1st one, got [censored] off, sold it. Got another one, scratched it again, sold it. I plan on buying the gen (used) again because when I look at the entire line of rollies, the Exp2 (and GMT 2) has the most unique movement, at the same price as a sub. Of course the Daytona movement is special but I'm not paying $15K+ for a watch. Besides, no other movement in a rep replicates that movement's function while ETA or Asian movement is sufficient for a sub or ym rep.

-bk