When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

COMEX noticed again...

oswald

Last year I posted on the old board about this Doc commenting on my COMEX. His comments were limited to "Interesting watch" and "very nice timepiece" etc. I was going to tell him it's a rep but I got busy and never had time to chat. He's a big time nephrologist who rarely makes rounds in the clinic so I don't see him that often but He has been spotted with a Tag, an Omega and a brown GMT so I figure he likes watches. I rotate through a bunch of lower end gens. and nice reps so today was the second time he saw the COMEX.

Anyway...

I'm going over some charts with him, (OK pointing to where he should sign) when he comments on my watch.

Doc: "That's an interesting watch."

Jetmid: "Thanks, I don't even know how to swim but I like dive watches."

Doc leans in for a closer look, "May I?", while motioning to hold it.

So Jetmid whips off his watch and hands it to doc who carefully turns it over, inspects the clasp, lifts his glasses onto his head and looks some more.

Doc: "This is pretty amazing. Do you know how much this could be worth?"

Jetmid: "Well, I just like it..."

Doc: "No, this is a VERY valuable watch, If it were mine I'd have it appraised and insured."

"It's a fake, doc. I just beat it up to make it look old."

Doc, squints his eyes while giving the watch a disaproving, yet inquisitive look...

"That's dishonest" he replies.

"Well, I'm not going to sell it as authentic, I just like the history attached to Rolex and Comex. I've never even held a real one."

"A dishonest person could really dissapoint someone with something like this." He counters.

"If I wanted to rip someone off I'd go with a Panerai." Jetmid says, grinning. "By the way, nice TAG."

"Thanks, and to think, Nursing is usually the most respected profession in those surveys. I trust you won't be up to any mischief with that Rolex." Doc says as standing up to leave.

"Oh no, Take care doc."

True story...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions about folks wearing replicas.

Who cares what he thinks.

I am a medical doctor and I think that you are one cool nurse with good taste (and you're honest too...which is to be very respected.)