When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Strap For Radiomir Black Seal?

wjlamp

Hi

just got a Radiomir (44 mm)Black Seal. Strap is a generic, relatively poor quality leather job.

Any suggestions about the best thickness strap ,that can be fitted on it, without looking funny?

I plan to make my own, having access to a multitude of materials,ranging from leather to rubber :rolleyes:

Thanks

Classy watch deserves a classy strap. Europelli Shell Cordovan Black with Titanium Stitch suits me perfectly fine

pam183wristoneuropellicse9.jpg

Europelli

Thanks cats and dluddy.Your answers and photos are a good guide for the topic.

By the way, I've got this sneakin' suspicion that, either there aren't many Radiomir owners in here,or my questions are ignored big time.Anyways

thanks again.

By the way, I've got this sneakin' suspicion that, either there aren't many Radiomir owners in here,or my questions are ignored big time.

Never think that, wjlamp!

It's either that your thread got lost in the floods of posts we've been getting lately (every day, I wake up to about 100 new posts, wow), or as you rightly suspect in this case, there are few Radiomir owners as compared to Luminor ones.

I have 3 Radiomirs. I can only wear one, the base 210, since the others have stripped lugs -- including my beloved Blackseal, PAM 183.

294531-3172.jpg

That's me wearing it in happier days -- on a OF Mario Paci waterproof cognac. I wore it exactly twice...

Anyway, the thing is, your question is a bit basic. Not that it's ever stopped people from responding before, but typing (with inverted commas) "Black Seal" or "blackseal" in Search might've given you more answers, as you waited. :)

Here is a good thread by Fishgodeep about his PAM 183g:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...p;hl=black+seal

And don't forget, 50% other forum special on the Pacis right now!

Never think that, wjlamp!

It's either that your thread got lost in the floods of posts we've been getting lately (every day, I wake up to about 100 new posts, wow), or as you rightly suspect in this case, there are few Radiomir owners as compared to Luminor ones.

I have 3 Radiomirs. I can only wear one, the base 210, since the others have stripped lugs -- including my beloved Blackseal, PAM 183.

294531-3172.jpg

That's me wearing it in happier days -- on a OF Mario Paci waterproof cognac. I wore it exactly twice...

Anyway, the thing is, your question is a bit basic. Not that it's ever stopped people from responding before, but typing (with inverted commas) "Black Seal" or "blackseal" in Search might've given you more answers, as you waited. :)

Here is a good thread by Fishgodeep about his PAM 183g:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...p;hl=black+seal

And don't forget, 50% other forum special on the Pacis right now!

Thanks V.,and highflyingclive for the answer and pics.

Today a friend gave me (sold it) a new unused black matte leather strap of the 26 mm persuasion. with thin,white stitching. Blimey, the clasp is humongous,nothing like I've ever had.

But It goes like a song with the Black seal

It's a beauty.

The Radiomir, looks now like a fairy with high heeled boots.

Sorry no pics yet :rolleyes:

The only catch is that it's still new, thick and hard to manage.Sure it will give in ,but do you know any means, to speed up the process of softening the leather?

Some cream perhaps?

Thanks

Some cream perhaps?

BE VERY CAREFUL...but Highflyingclive himself recommended Lord Sheraton's leather conditioner to me.

Read more here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...67&hl=stain

I got it from an UK vendor at Fleecebay. Dead cheap, less than $7.

My horror story after I applied another product to my Metta Catherina:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...0&hl=metta:

Thanks V.,and highflyingclive for the answer and pics.

Today a friend gave me (sold it) a new unused black matte leather strap of the 26 mm persuasion. with thin,white stitching. Blimey, the clasp is humongous,nothing like I've ever had.

But It goes like a song with the Black seal

It's a beauty.

The Radiomir, looks now like a fairy with high heeled boots.

Sorry no pics yet :rolleyes:

The only catch is that it's still new, thick and hard to manage.Sure it will give in ,but do you know any means, to speed up the process of softening the leather?

Some cream perhaps?

Thanks

Don't use any leather conditioner at all. Going by your description, conditioners wouldn't help the strap very much to become more flexible. The best way to soften most any strap is to take it and bend the heck out of it. Twist, bend, pull, etc. The fibers need to be loosened up. Conditioners won't work well without the fibers being opened anyways. The leather probably does not have any oils lost, so your best bet is to just bend it a LOT. If after the bending and twisting the leather seems a bit dull in color, then a conditioner will be ok. Use Lexol or one of the liquid conditioners. No oil though. And definately NO NEATSFOOT. Neatsfoot oil can rot thread.

Hope that helps.

P.S. If the leather is sub par quality, then no amount of bending or conditioning will help. So starting with quality leather is best. Some pictures would help immensely.

Don't use any leather conditioner at all. Going by your description, conditioners wouldn't help the strap very much to become more flexible. The best way to soften most any strap is to take it and bend the heck out of it. Twist, bend, pull, etc. The fibers need to be loosened up. Conditioners won't work well without the fibers being opened anyways. The leather probably does not have any oils lost, so your best bet is to just bend it a LOT. If after the bending and twisting the leather seems a bit dull in color, then a conditioner will be ok. Use Lexol or one of the liquid conditioners. No oil though. And definately NO NEATSFOOT. Neatsfoot oil can rot thread.

Hope that helps.

P.S. If the leather is sub par quality, then no amount of bending or conditioning will help. So starting with quality leather is best. Some pictures would help immensely.

This PS was bullseye hit. The leather is minus 9th division in the quality department. So no bending or conditioning.

The only thing that stays is the 26 mm pre V . buckle, which is perfect in all respects.

Tomorrow I will visit the local leather shops, I am living half a mile from down town Athens,and everything is very close to me.The amount of leather products and all the required paraphernalia is really beyond belief.

With all those good infos that I have in here, it would be relatively easy to make some straps that will make the Seal a perfect "toy",and a enjoyable watch.

Thanks to all of you

This PS was bullseye hit. The leather is minus 9th division in the quality department. So no bending or conditioning.

The only thing that stays is the 26 mm pre V . buckle, which is perfect in all respects.

Tomorrow I will visit the local leather shops, I am living half a mile from down town Athens,and everything is very close to me.The amount of leather products and all the required paraphernalia is really beyond belief.

With all those good infos that I have in here, it would be relatively easy to make some straps that will make the Seal a perfect "toy",and a enjoyable watch.

Thanks to all of you

Glad I could help.

If you need any tips or advice on making your own, PM me. I can go over the tools you will need and ones you don't. I spent alomst $100 on stuff I have never used. I can also show you some tips that help. :D

Glad I could help.

If you need any tips or advice on making your own, PM me. I can go over the tools you will need and ones you don't. I spent alomst $100 on stuff I have never used. I can also show you some tips that help. :D

Right after the purchase of leathers and glue. I know some stuff for the making , but not all !!!

Thanks