When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problems with Clark T-39 installation

Kollektor

Modder help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Paso MBW 1665, and I've given it to my watch modder for Clark T-39 superdome installation.

He felt that the Clark will not fit. It appears the original crystal is pressed in, without a plastic gasket. He said that he might be

wrong, because sometimes those are difficult to actually see. One other hitch is that he measures the original crystal diameter at 30.2mm, where he measures the generic to be 30.4mm. Consequently, he did not remove the original crystal from the case.

He mentioned that he has replaced genuine crystals on vintage GMTs and Subs. They slip over a metal ring, and then an outer ring is pressed fit over that securing the crystal between two metal sides.

Thanks so much for your help!

Modder help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Paso MBW 1665, and I've given it to my watch modder for Clark T-39 superdome installation.

He felt that the Clark will not fit. It appears the original crystal is pressed in, without a plastic gasket. He said that he might be

wrong, because sometimes those are difficult to actually see. One other hitch is that he measures the original crystal diameter at 30.2mm, where he measures the generic to be 30.4mm. Consequently, he did not remove the original crystal from the case.

He mentioned that he has replaced genuine crystals on vintage GMTs and Subs. They slip over a metal ring, and then an outer ring is pressed fit over that securing the crystal between two metal sides.

Thanks so much for your help!

Pretty strange for him to decide it doesn't fit when he hasn't actually tried. There is a groove in the case under the plexi (crystal) for a gasket but usually an MBW won't have a gasket in there but you cannot possibly see this unless you remove the plexi. And its not a problem not to have it. Take it back and tell him to try the actual process, its not rocket science.

Cheers

P.

I believe all MBWs come without a gasket in that position.

:o

both!!???? the 1665 and the 1680 ? :mellow:

is that a problem?

i mean aren't both waterproof ?

how can i fix the problem and make the 1665 and 1680 waterproof?

Edited by 316L