When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake Guitars

FWATCH

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, lets not get the guitar thing going... I have a hard enough time without trying figure out which watch to wear with which of the half dozen axes laying around... :p

stratld1.jpg

(I really dig mix of Lace Sensors)

goodallzh3.jpg

(this be a walnut Goodall...never heard of em?...go here:)

http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/goodall.html

Edited by catchthecat

Oh no, lets not get the guitar thing going... I have a hard enough time without trying figure out which watch to wear with which of the half dozen axes laying around... :p

stratld1.jpg

(I really dig mix of Lace Sensors)

goodallzh3.jpg

(this be a walnut Goodall...never heard of em?...ebay or google it)

man nice fenderrrrrrrrrrrrr ! i need to get me one of those man ;) play a lil vodooooo child ...

Man, I love this place. That is one sexy strat. US or Mexican?

Its a custom job I had built. Neck is off an old mexistrat I used to have, and loved the feel so I kept it. I bought a beat up 70s US body and restored it to the Clapton vintage cream white. Installed a Lace gold in the front and red at the bridge. That's a Fender Noiseless Vintage Single Coil in the middle.

Altogether it is quiet as a church mouse,....until cranked...then it screams.

i had a mex strat , sounds just as nice as the usa models B)

Nice EVH solo there. I guess my luv for the strat dates me back a bit. I do the old 60s surf sound or blues... With a few pedals. my whammy, and some reverb I can recreate the 60s surf wang or jump to a distorted crunch. I guess I'm like all the old rockers though, I'm in my acoustic stage of life and play mostly fignerstyle... :rolleyes:

Edited by catchthecat

Back in the day, the BIG hair days, my main was a Kramer Focus 6000 with an original Floyd Rose, not the cheap licenced out crap that flooded the market later on. I eventually moved up to a Black Les Paul custom. Still have them both as well as a Fender Jazz bass. I haven't played in years, and it is kind of a shame to let such nice instruments go unused. :wounded1: I have a takamine acoustic that I pull out once in a while just to strum a few chords.

I'm sure all those that play have heard of this guy. Check him out on youtube. He is damn amazing! AND 7.6 MILLION VIEWS!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, thanks for all the info. Hope I didn't start a guitar plague here. I see we've got lots of musicians on the board, maybe we could start an online band. Just kidding. :D Anyway, I ordered a Gibson Les Paul Supreme from DHgate yesterday, will post review after I get it. I'm not that good a guitar player to be able to tell what's up with a rep guitar, but I have two or three buddies who are awesome guitarists, and I will have them give the real review. I figure in a worst case scenario, it'll look pretty good next to my only other guitar, a 1964 Fender Jazzmaster (one owner, refinished to natural wood, re-fretted, re-chromed, new pickguard). Pic below.

post-4211-1193326624_thumb.jpg

holy cow man ! wich one did you get ? can you post a pic of it ..

my EVH rep from dhgate is under going a lil modification . ;)

its getting a new maple jackson usa neck ;) .

im swapping the cheap china pick up with an high output ibanez inf4 pick up i bought new on the bay for only $30usa ;) ..

& thats it the body is solid & the hardware stays the same .

the only thing that weak on my evh kramer is the neck , very lil resonance do to the low quality wood they used on the neck , hate to see the kramer hockystick neck go ..` -_- ..

ima going to replicate the paint sceme on the new neck .. ill post some pix when im gone & road test it for you guys with a lil vanhalen meanstreets solo !!!! :rolleyes:

good luck with your custom lp !!! rock on ..

DSC00319.jpg

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

Here's a pic from the website, I'm not expecting to receive the guitar for about another week, I guess. This is my first venture into the rep guitar trade, lots of unknowns, and of course, the possibility of not receiving anything at all, but what the heck, life itself is a crapshoot.

post-4211-1193418325_thumb.jpg

As a guitar repairer/restorer I've had a few of these Chinese rep 'Gibsons' brought to me for repair, a 335 is in the workshop at this very minute with a broken neck. Broken at the scarf joint...... sorry, scarf joint on a Gibbo? I don't think so. This is the problem, to me it is clearly a fake for about 100 reasons, to the owner it is a genuine 335. He bought it from some scammer who made a tidy profit. Do I tell him? Had a guy with a Les Paul he'd had for ten years, his pride and joy, but obviously was an Epi that someone had redone the headstock with a Gibson pearl logo and decals. Don't get me wrong, the Epi LP wth a pair of Bareknuckle pick ups on (if you haven't heard of them, you should) is a cracking guitar, but a Gibson it isn't. The woods are not the same and the construction is slightly different.

For cheap guitars, they're cheap guitars. Nothing more. Yes the Chinese currently produce very good low end guitars but they have a ways to go.

Fwatch, a 64 Jag refinished to natural? Rechromed? You make me weep.................... I spend a good number of my waking hours rectifying abuse like that!! Wash your mouth out with soap and have that poor old guitar restored with a proper nitro finish and some aged parts.

Incidentally, the watch to wear with a Strat is a Breitling. Wonderful resonance and sustain. :D With a Les Paul you need something lighter and brighter.

Here's a pic from the website, I'm not expecting to receive the guitar for about another week, I guess. This is my first venture into the rep guitar trade, lots of unknowns, and of course, the possibility of not receiving anything at all, but what the heck, life itself is a crapshoot.

post-4211-1193418325_thumb.jpg

sweet !! good luck & cant wait to hear that lp!! nice color .. :rolleyes:

have any used ibanez or jackson pick ups in the shop ? ;) or maybe a tonezone laying around ?

Sorry I don't keep crap lying around :D (joking) Like I say, take a look at Bareknuckles (www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk). Listen to the clips on the website. I had someone bring a pair of BK RifRaffs to me about three or four years ago to be fitted into an Epi SG. I had a quiet chuckle behind my hand at the money she was wasting, but when I fitted them and plugged it in............wow! The Best SG I'd heard, knocked spots off my '67 with PAFs. I phoned Tim who owns Bareknuckle, was convinced and ordered a set of his '54 Replica Strat pickups ("Apache") for a 54 replica I was building. I was blown away. This guy knows his craft. Check out the reviews on Harmony Central if in doubt. Give the man a call, tell him the guitar you have and the music you play, he'll tell you if you need a standard BK or a custom wind. I'm now a BK dealer (in the UK). Brother I am a born again Bareknuckle!! Hallelujah, I have found the holy source of tone!! Would not use anything else now.