When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Sub expert advise - Nymphmariner/Beginmariner/Noobmariner

perry563

I have been collecting reps the past 2 years. I have a MBW modern sub and a TW best sub. A friend of mine in Mexico asked me to buy him Joshua's beginmariner since he was afraid of mexico customs. In any event I recieved the Beginmariner earlier this week and I am so impressed. The overall fit and finish I think is better than any of my other subs. The bands end links fit perfectly against the case and lugs..no gaps etc. CG are real nice, rehaut is shalllow but certainly not very far off the mark...its livable. Overall I would say, in terms of fit and finish its the best rep sub I have sen. Now for my question...........

I want to buy the best of the best Beginmariner type Sub. The choice is between Joshua or Narikaa. The Narikaa Sub I am told is exactly the same as TTK's Sub. The TTK sub is considered the best of the best but unavailable from TTK right now.

Am I to expect high quality from the Narikaa sub just like if I were to buy from TTK? Will the Narikaa Sub be better than Joshua's sub?

I want to buy the best of the best Beginmariner type Sub. The choice is between Joshua or Narikaa. The Narikaa Sub I am told is exactly the same as TTK's Sub. The TTK sub is considered the best of the best but unavailable from TTK right now.

Am I to expect high quality from the Narikaa sub just like if I were to buy from TTK? Will the Narikaa Sub be better than Joshua's sub?

If Narikaa's sub is the same as TTK's, then it just gets down to a question of which asian movement do you like best, since the cases on these watches are all the same. I personally like River's noob w/ the eta copy movt over josh's dg2813 or TTK's silver colored asian 21j movt. I've owned all three (they make great gifts). Of course, I also have Paul's so called perfect w/ the "swiss" eta, it's a noobmariner, too. But any of these movements can crap out on you at any time- I've had a "dirty" eta go kaput in a month, but nothing a servicing can't fix. Asian 21j's might be a little more prone to breakdown, after a year I got TTK's noob back and had to get it serviced/repaired for $40. Now it's ready for the next nephew to test.

We've seen a few date font issues w/ the beginmariner (too thick font), Narikaa is in the UK, so is customs to the USA an issue? In the end, you just have to pick a dealer and go with it.

Joshuas Beginmariner and TTKs Noob are the same watch? Are you sure? Pearl looks different at the very least.

It's not the same. From the pics, I really like Josh's beginmariner. Very close to the gen.

Only problem is, he says the case is 41mm. I think it will look bigger that the gen.

Edited by Rocsen

TTKs case is the F serial number.. i got one of the ones that Andrew has and its a D serial number with conical rehaut and date window too far to the right and worse crown guards... Whoever you deciede to buy from.. just check the rehaut and date window placement and these other non-moddable things before you buy. Crown guards you can fix.. bracelet you can swap.. but a conical rehaut or date window too far to the right cant be easily fixed.

Lonnie

Guys, trust me, these are essentially the same watch. Yes, the asian 21j movements are different, pearls may vary, but the case, dial and bracelet are the same. Buy one of each and see for yourself. I've bought four of them!