When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Pilot has landed...

Guest Sql_pl

So finally I got another 3717, this time for me (the first one was a gift for my father).

Once again fantastic service from my good friend TWP. Keep up the good work!

Like I already said in my first 3717 photo-review - it is a watch that I never thought I'll own... it did not have that thing for me when I have seen all those pics of it here... but when the first one arrived I realised I had to have one for myself.

And here it is.

25937561yy9.jpg

61471966fw5.jpg

29218310rz8.jpg

38909969ri2.jpg

33914954wc3.jpg

And here it is next to its bigger brother...

36760909gy4.jpg

35093458lz1.jpg

Later this week the crystal is going to k2222 to be double AR coated... I am also waiting for my ETA Day/Date wheels and it should be perfect....

Will post some side by side pics of the stock and moded rep later on.

Cheers!

Thank you for your compliments M.

I got mine from silix. I did set the date to "MON 24" to compare to your. We have different date fonts. The middle part of the letter "M" of the Monday is touching the base.(makes sense or should I take a pic of it? :p) And the 24 is filling a wider part of the date window.

thanks for the great pics men.... i to really did not think much of the 3717 when I first looked at it.. but the markings look vintage and a watch with added history alway's appeals to me... the markings really "grow' on you for some reason... i am ordering the bracelet but have already choosen the strap from .."The Watch Boys"

one question I have is "back in the day" was AR coating used as double sided, or was it used at all?

:) thanks again

lanikai

Christmas is sooner this year !!! :yeah:

Just ordered one yesterday night (with a PO at the same time), it will be the 21k BPH version that I'll MOD by The Zigmeister, project will include; Relume, gen day/date wheel, swap with a swiss mvt ordered by a group buy from joe, regulate it, and maybe a croco strap from TWB with the IWC clasp. The double AR from chief is it a must on this watch? or the light AR is sufficient?

Just finished checking and regulating the 3717. It is a 21.6vph version. Funny thing is that it has the elaborate speed setting scale a'la swiss 7750.

IMG_1491_cr.jpg

I have had good experiences with the a7750, regardless of its vph. I have a pam196 that has been beating with no prob for more than 2 years now :) Maybe a bit more..Time flies. ;) Crossing fingers since this is a gift :p