When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

franken daytona question

UB7

the movt. is too thin to fit in the case? how did ubi do it? i just feel like i cant pass this up for the price this guy is willing to sell it to me for, worst case scenario i sell it to somone on the forums im sure someone will want it...check pm bytor

Edited by UB7

Ubi's watch has El Primero movement, i.e seconds at '9 with appropriate subdial spacing. Your rep Daytona tries to mimic the Rolex 4130 inhouse movement. (seconds at '6)... if it's the same rep as on your avatar.

It's explained HERE.

PS: The Ebay link you pm'd me is invalid. Instead of pm'ing me again post the correct link to the forum, please... so others can comment as well.

Ok, i really dont want anyone outbidding me on this find, please dont because if its real this is a once in a life time deal the seller has great feedback I just dont think he knows the value of what hes selling..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110174100742

I wana be the first that has a gen movement/dial with a secs @ 6 model! I will post pics wen I get it, before i send out the m.o. cause I already came to a price agreement with the seller I would like to hear what you guys think

Altho the pics are blurry, the subdial spacing is right and the back of the movt looks right too so I can only assume its real...And the fact that the seller has all great feedback makes me think its real aswel. Seller lives 1 hr from me, I told him i'd drive over with cash and he said i can look at it first, seems like a win/win

Edited by UB7

Ok, i really dont want anyone outbidding me on this find, please dont because if its real this is a once in a life time deal the seller has great feedback I just dont think he knows the value of what hes selling..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110174100742

I wana be the first that has a gen movement/dial with a secs @ 6 model! I will post pics wen I get it, before i send out the m.o. cause I already came to a price agreement with the seller I would like to hear what you guys think

Do yourself a favour, and stay away form this auction.

The movt looks wrong? Looks similar to whats in my daytona from andrew...The subdial spacing is right on, and the seller having immaculate feedback maeks me think its real...If I can drive over and see it in person before I buy it, i cant possibly lose out on this one...Seller is going to email me clear pics of front and back ill post them

Edited by UB7

Thanks guys, if youre all right than i thank you thank you thank you for saving me some $, would like to hear some other opinions on this 1 before i walk away...hmm, the movt doesnt look too far off the above pic...the fact that the seller is reputable and has good feedback makes me think that its still real...but i will take your guys word for it i dont know much about movements...

Edited by UB7

Dear Folk:

No! I don't think the movement or the dial will fit your andrew's Daytona. The Rep Daytona case is much thicker than the Gen one; do some search of daytona information in forum u will know.

Also; I have a Gen Daytona movement photo attached for your reference.

I don't believe anyone will going to sell a serprate movement to u as they could sold their daytona in a very good price.

Best Regards,

Raymond

Movement 4130 (sec@6)

daytona-hp.jpg

Movement 4030 (sec@9)

4030_02b.jpg

You make a very good point about selling it whole for alot of $, doesnt make sense to just sell the movt and dial, unless its stolen or fell off the back of a truck or somthin like that...You guys rock, saved me a couple hundred bucks , thanks guys!!!! however, altho its hard to tell from those crappy pics, the dial looks to be gen- at least the subdial spacing looks right...but if it has a fake movt that its gota have a fake dial

Edited by UB7

You make a very good point about selling it whole for alot of $, doesnt make sense to just sell the movt and dial, unless its stolen or fell off the back of a truck or somthin like that...You guys rock, saved me a couple hundred bucks , thanks guys!!!! however, altho its hard to tell from those crappy pics, the dial looks to be gen- at least the subdial spacing looks right...but if it has a fake movt that its gota have a fake dial

Even the scammer photo are crap; but only saw the rotor. U'll notice the huge difference. :o

Best Regards,

Raymond

There is no way this can be genuine.

Even if you hadn't seen the pics (wich show an non chrono mvmnt)

Rolex introduced the new daytona line (with 4130) in 2000, there is no way a movement can hit the after market yet.

All produced movement gotta still be in there case, and defecting ones gets fixed, not thrown away ..

i advise you against any add with probably purposely blured pictures whan it comes to movement or rolex valuable parts...

2 things you can always count on when considering a Daytona (or other expensive Rolex) purchase on ebay -

1. Anyone who knows enough about watches to be able to remove the dial or movement from the case, knows exactly what the parts (and watch) are worth. You will NEVER find a gen Daytona dial and/or movement in usable condition being sold on ebay for less than market value, which, for a Daytona, is going to be at least a thousand dollars (and likely multiples of that).

2. Anyone who posts blurry photos and has a low number of previous 'watch' sales and/or with less than 98% buyer satisfaction ratings is likely a crook and a fraud. The auction you inquired about is a textbook example of both.

I have 3 daytonas repaustria, 2 from andrew w/ working chronos sec@6 and 1 with nonworking chrono's except the running secs works in sync with the main second hand, its quite wierd actually...thanks for the input i will stay away from that auction somones gotta outbid me for 3.25 or i guess im stuck with payin 3.25 but thats not too big of a deal, mabye i put it in the daytona w/ non working chronos and they work, mabye not and im out 3.25 - thanks again guys much appreciated i was gona offer that guy a decent amount of money if it had your guys approval but i hapen to agree with what every1 has said - i havent bought somthing off ebay in 3 years i signed up for new acct wen i saw this auction so i could contact the seller