When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

$2000 Daylight Rep?

stilty

Please forgive me if this has been posted before... if it has, you can slap me for being too lazy to do a search.

Just curious to thoughts on the reps that jewelyandwatch.com are selling. They have a daylight listed for $1950 and claim it is 99.5% to original. Any thoughts?

pana-A.jpg

As World Traveller said, that's a crazy amount to pay for a replica. You could get at least a dozen equally nice watches for that price. At the end of the day, it depends on how important it is to you that the watch be 100% accurate to the original watch. If fidelity to the original is an issue, then you will have to pay a premium for it. If you're less concerned about 100% fidelity and just want something with the 'overall look' (bearing in mind that the people here are a 0.01% of the population, the majority of the viewing public will not have a clue as to what's on your wrist) then I'd suggest browsing sites like CQout, where you can get reasonable levels of replication for a fraction of that $2000 price tag...

Best of luck with your purchases :)

Haven't you been around enough to see that that is the same watch our dealers sell for around $300? This guy sells overpriced aftermarket vintage rolex parts and 6263 cases. Nothing special with any of his items.

Yes, I have been around long enough, and probably around a lot longer than 90% of those on this board. I'm not saying I'm interested in buying one, I was just curious what people thought of what they are selling, and at that price. My first impression was the date disc sits too low in the date window which leads me to believe that it could be an asian movement. The 99.5% accuracy is a very bold statement as is the price tag. If it is in fact true... still overpriced in my books.

Yes, I have been around long enough, and probably around a lot longer than 90% of those on this board. I'm not saying I'm interested in buying one, I was just curious what people thought of what they are selling, and at that price. My first impression was the date disc sits too low in the date window which leads me to believe that it could be an asian movement. The 99.5% accuracy is a very bold statement as is the price tag. If it is in fact true... still overpriced in my books.

Classic situation for trying to pass seaweed for silk ribbons (smells fishy)

It's 99.5 percent accuracy is like saying ,"Yves Saint Dior"

It's clearly an asian 7750. That datewheel is sunk just as far as mine (PAM 250 Daylight asian 7750). The modest decoration on the rotor is identical to what appears on my asian 7750. Its 28,800 bpm but the sunken date is a giveaway.

Crown and CG are not quite right for this model. Needs thicker crown, and CG is not correct proportion. The number markers on the seconds subdial (3 o'clock) are in a font that is way too tiny (look at the gen).

Not even close!

Edited by Jurgenk