When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Double AR run #2

k2222

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IWC Inge - Yes

IWC 3717 - Yes (rep coating is not even coating it is some kind of thin bad quality film)

IWC Porto - Yes

IWC GST - No, but i did on mine (will post some pics below)

Omega SMP - Depends on model, somtimes it is only single but i love to see this one coated

Omega SMP Chrono - same as before

Omega PO -Yes, standard is single but need double, one more thing is that PO crystal is thick and dome, and this kind of crystal is allways less effective than flat like Inge

Breitling Chrono avenger - YES YES YES

Breitling Navitimer - Depends on model, but i think that this one needs double AR

Breitling SFSO - Yes

TagHeuer Aquaracer - TH is useing lite, not very strong AR with blue tint, so my answer is no, but it's up to You

This is my IWC GST Ti, still missing some hands and movement

post-2322-1191231056_thumb.jpg

post-2322-1191231111_thumb.jpg

post-2322-1191231156_thumb.jpg

I think we're all programmed, because of the whole rep thing, to want accuracy at the expense of anything else. I believe that as 'watch enthusiasts', there's a line between desiring consistency/accuracy, but also being open to aftermarket types of improvements and mods. Pam enthusiasts don't go nuts over the idea of using non-genuine straps...there are some great aftermarket straps out there that are even better in quality.

I think the AR issue is a good example. I think almost every watch improves in appearance with good double-sided AR. Also, crystals are a funny thing...people don't notice them in the same way they may notice some dial irregularity. If you got a crystal double-AR'd, that was only single coated stock, or not even coated at all...people wouldn't notice, because it's the crystal. It's by definition not something that jumps at you consciously- it's an unconscious effect, the impact it has on the appearance of the watch.

But a damn nice effect.

Is the crystal removable without the use of a crystal press?

It is not supposed to be.

But any local watchsmith can remove it.

Guest Sql_pl

Double AR is such a cool feature that I found myself not wearing my other watches that are not double coated at all.

Got the bug with the Big Bang, then the cousteau... can't wait to see it in my 3717!

Cheers!

I have taked out the cristal of both, the spitfire and the Ingy with my fingers without problem (I must say that I was totally afraid). Bu with the gst I press it really hard butv I could not move it.

I have buyed a press in Spain (no cheap at all, but good quality), and I will go in the next run with the GST.