When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Posting area for TWP's photo contest

TWP

The following images were both taken today; Friday October 12th in the afternoon on a chilly day.

1. "Meditating Santos"

Theme: "Woman"

Comments: Buddhists believe that true wisdom can be attained only through profound meditation in an environment free of distractions and interruptions. With the help of a gentle breeze carefully navigating its way through a carpet of leaves, the timeless Cartier Santos 100 stands proudly atop the arm of an ancient Buddhist-inspired goddess sculpture. Perhaps once used for attaining inner-peace, the now forgotten monument silently watches over the creations of nature and awaits the coming of change.

1meditatingsantosborderpz0.jpg

2. "Suspended Jubil

All I have is a dinky P&S cam but what the hell. Just noticed there's a short story requirement so I added a little story.

A misguided photgraphic tribute

The Cousteau Divers watch...a tribute to one of the greatest oceanographers - his entire life devoted to the study and preservation of the briny deep. Now, set amongst pine cones and candles, the Cousteau Divers watch lies among elements completely alien to Jacques-Yves. Nothing can be farther from the great coral reefs of the world teaming with bright and colourful life. Cousteau would be turning in his grave. The Calypso could be the name of a rubber ducky as far as this misguided photographer has understood. The magnitude that this photograph has missed the proverbial boat is truly startling.

cdcontest800.jpg

And the full res pic - http://www.outbraking.com/images/cdcontestlarge.jpg

1."Autumn colors"

Theme: Autumn.

Comments In autumn deciduous trees shed their leaves, with the leaves changing to a reddish or brownish hue before falling. It makes the scenery around us amazingly colorful. This is how I tried to capture it.

111zi8.jpg

2. "Lust"

Theme: Woman.

Comments Women and watches... how often did you feel lust for a particular woman or a watch that you have been craving for for so long... What better a view can be than a woman showing lust towards her watch?

zeg0qx2.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Sql_pl

Themes: Water

Comments: the theme is water :).. and here is my picture.. it took me all day to get the pic to be like this :).. i thought it would be cool if i make the water red to show that "watch loving" is in my blood (my dad is a watch admirer as well.. so is my sister) :)

Picture Taken: 13th of October around 10:00pm

omegacoolll6.th.jpg

Themes: Wine

Comments: this photo is trying to mix the different colours available :).. as we can see the theme is wine.. so i lay the watch on the grape (the main indgredient of wine) :p.. and with wine bottles in the background :).. in this photo i would just like to concentrate with the colours.. with light colours in the background and the watch itself is dark.. im trying to create a contrast kind of thing :)

Picture Taken: 13th of October around 11:30pm

sfsomy5.th.jpg

Edited by arminvanbuuren

The ads were right

There was no need to walk in wearing my four stripes.

There was no need to say I had 65000 lbs of thrust at my hands.

There was no need to impress with flight jargon.

There was no need to speak the language of the locals.

I just need to look the part.

3717contest.jpg

Full-res here - www.outbraking.com/images/3717large.jpg

• 1 month later...