When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Posting area for TWP's photo contest

TWP

Hi Folks,

here's my first contribution to TWP's photo contest. Please consider it within-contest.

Theme : Water

Comments : the aim was an abstract picture - Watch put under shower's wave, in the darkest possible environment. Lighting achieved by the camera's flash (works pretty well for water subjects). Photoshoped the environment to make it completely dark. This Photoshop work only consisted in isolating the watch from its environment. The rest is all "natural motion", not a filter (original pic available to check that). BTW, the watch is my Uzi Black defender.

Date : taken 3rd october 2007 (see Exif Datas for the detailed characteristics)

water2filteredit1.jpg

New theme to follow asap : I'm hesitating between Wildlife and Wine.

Hi,

here's my second contribution to TWP's photo contest. Please consider it off-contest as there are more to come.

Theme : Well, I chose some kind of hybrid theme. The picture somehow corresponds to Wildlife (understand "nature" from my point of view) and at the same time should call up the Wine theme : indeed, what you see here is a (tiny) part of the Alsacian vineyard, which is known for its white wine : Sylvaner, Muscat, Pinot Noir, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Gewurtztraminer and Edelzwicker.

Comments : The harvest is just finished, and I hope to taste the first "vin nouveau" (some kind of sweet sparkling beverage) very soon. I hope that the autumnal atmosphere (more Indian summer I would say) will please some eyes ;). Lighting is natural (today was a magnificent day). The sunlight "halo" is natural too, it was however highlited with Photoshop to create an additionnal effect.

Oh, and by the way : the watch (my Tissot PRS-516) is this "mirror" you see, which reflects today's immaculate sky.

Date : taken 4th october 2007 (see Exif Datas for the detailed characteristics)

winewildlifens3.jpg

I will submit some other pictures, which will be either "within contesdt" or "off contest", as I would love to see this thread a bit more... alive... I hope that's acceptabe for the judge team.

Hi,

here's my third contribution to TWP's photo contest. This one should be considered off contest too. As I took quite a lot of pictures on this occasion, I felt like sharing my favorites. I know we may only present two shots, and this is why I post this one for fun. Besides, I wish to see this thread alive, as such occasions are quite rare on the boards :)

Theme : Wheels (not the one originally thought I guess ^_^ )

Comments : It's been a while I wished to post something about an older watch. And here it is, amongst pumpkins and other vegetables of the same family (sorry, don't know the exact translation). This watch belonged to the father of my Gran-Father... It is a Souvenir of one journey in Brussels (hi St

I will give this a shot. The first theme will revolve around wine since that is my professin and the second theme will be water and the captain.

Theme: Wine

Comments: The first I have set some of my watches on my wine rack that is in my office. Not much light used and it is tough to get a decent angle, at least for me. The second and the same watches are sitting in a case of Mondavi Reserve Cabernet (yummy). I will keep trying for that winning combination.

PA060001.jpg

PA060004.jpg

Theme: Water

Comments: Captain Morgan is the life guard of my pool and has chosen to wear a Pam 165 on rubber for his duty Saturday. The water is the lake I live on that is in the

background. The second set is the ledge of my water fall that goes from my spa to the pool.

PA060006.jpg

PA060007-1.jpg

PA060009.jpg

PA060008-1.jpg

Date: All Pics were take Saturday Oct. 6th 2007

I will work on more

Natron

Heres my second pic, and by the way my first pictures theme was nature (taken Oct. 5th see exif)..My second picture the theme is...wine(taken Oct. 6th see exif)!

Theme: Wine : Dom P. Vintage 86', Dom P. Vintage 96', Veueve Clicquot 95', Johnnie Walker Black Label..Waiting for a very special occasion to pop 1 of them :D

This is my out of contest, just for fun pic~

PA060162_2_2.jpg

Edited by UB7

Here's my last contribution in TWP's contest on RWG. The wine theme is within constest.

Theme : Wine

Comments : It took me a while before I reached the result I looked for : something sharp but not too artificial. Mixing dusty old things and a recent watch is not a natural step. Finally, although I'm a red wine amateur, I chose a bottle of white wine that let the light (here a torch lamp) go through it, and took my blingest watch to marry it : I do feel that gold and white wine are a pretty nice combination. I enclosed the hi-res shot for those who would like to use it as a wallpaper (thx TWP for the suggestion), as well as other off-contest shots of the same series. This wine is a white Graves (Bordeaux) from... 1949 ! ^_^

Date : taken 7th october 2007 (see Exif Datas for the detailed characteristics). You can also see the date on the watch itself.

wine1withincontestloresmb9.jpg

post-4381-1191778443_thumb.jpgpost-4381-1191778319_thumb.jpgpost-4381-1191778021_thumb.jpg

Auto-satisfaction is not my cup of tea, but I'd like to say that I never thought I would produce pictures like that. Before I joined RWG, I had never used my digital camera out of the automatic mode. Thanks to the tips and tricks found on this very board, I have been really enthusiastic in taking pictures. Especially Pug's guides and more recently Jiro's advice. Thanks both :D

Some other shots, which finally won't apply for the contest. Please consider them off-contest.

Theme : Wild life

Comments : This picture is in my opinion not my best one, technically. The light is not as good as the other I enclose off-contest. I had to play a bit with Photoshop to have it more eye-catching. But for me the challenge was to get this butterfly close to my watch. And I spent a while before that happened. Well, it's not pure chance, because I know these flowers are one appreciated dish of this species :)

Date : taken 7th october 2007 (see Exif Datas for the detailed characteristics). You can also see the date on the watch itself.

wildlife2withincontestljw9.jpg

post-4381-1191779090_thumb.jpgpost-4381-1191779122_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1191779138_thumb.jpgpost-4381-1191779061_thumb.jpg

On the third picture, the watch is... on the church in the backgound... :g:

Heres another picture I thought i'd submit instead of my pic of the black daytona and wine, well just say thats an extra out of contest pic not to be judged.

Riding horses is one of my favorite hobbies when i'm not at work. Heres 1 of my 4 horses I have on my farm, shes a pure bread Arabian and her names CC (carbon copy)

PA070178_2.jpg

Enjoy!

-David

Edited by UB7