When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

looking to purchase 1st Panerai rep

stagfan

What do we do when we LOVE the Fiddy, (127) but our wrists are too small!?

Wearing it and taking no care about what others think. Love is love. :)

The most accurate is one of the Ferrari Chronos, I'm afraid.

This is the conclusion that I'm arriving at myself, after having asked this same question. The finishing on the new rose-gold plated ferrari is exceptional- probably the best that I can remember seeing.

It's unfortunate that the ferrari's are not my cup of tea.

It's unfortunate that the ferrari's are not my cup of tea.

Completely agree. I even seem unable to accept that the Ferrari are Panerai. Frogmen and racing cars: an unlikely matching. :lol:

Completely agree. I even seem unable to accept that the Ferrari are Panerai. Frogmen and racing cars: an unlikely matching. :lol:

The ferrari's are an example of me having to confront how deep I've got into this hobby....there are a couple that intrigue me, but then when I mentioned them to a buddy, they stared at me with a look of bewilderment. That's when I knew that they were off limits.

It's hard to deny that they're of a higher quality than the average pams. It's sort of like the regular pams get passed over by the super-rep maker....but the ferrari's are an indication of what they could be, if they were given the same attention level. This is all speculation on my part. It seems to me like Davidsen is something of a 'boutique' not unlike MBW.

I am confused as to what I will purchase. Hope you guys can help me with this dilemma.

Thanks for any information.

I must say, I am in very much the same boat. Having been introduced into the world of Reps, I know I want one....BAD.

Been doing tons of reading on both the product and dealers, still have very little clue as to what I want (well...I know it should be a PAM now). It's just a matter of which one and from who I am gonna pick it up from.

Like others have said, it all comes down to what YOU want, don't let others tell you what YOU want.

Cheers~ B)

Although this Panerai, the 172 rep is made from Titanium rather than 'tanatalium' , it is a pretty darn close match to the gen. The blue hands are a nice touch also.

dsc04205si9.jpg

Then do any of our dealers provide a dial with "accurate" font?

All the dealers seem to have the same dials except Davidsen. Some of his have the low crossbar of the A corrected but the rest of the dial, including font size & thickness, digit and marker size etc is totally wrong. The normal rep dial is a much better bet. Frequently his 'NEW & IMPROVED' versions are far worse than the previous offerings.

All the dealers seem to have the same dials except Davidsen. Some of his have the low crossbar of the A corrected but the rest of the dial, including font size & thickness, digit and marker size etc is totally wrong. The normal rep dial is a much better bet. Frequently his 'NEW & IMPROVED' versions are far worse than the previous offerings.

And I was just about to order DSN 111 <_<

Not to hijack, but I too am new to the pam scene. I came across this thread in my search for any info on the 253. Any comments on it? More specifically the one TWP has (asian movement)

Being new, and light of wallet it looks like the best of all worlds to me: it's a pam, it doesn't need the CP fix, and it's an auto (yea it's a 7750 but it's running sec @ 9, not 6, so it should last right?)