When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Franck Muller Rep

Romp

Guys,

Just went down to the AD to look at an IWC Ceramic Top Gun but saw a Franck Muller and felll in love. The one i saw was 18K white gold, with grand complication and 12- perpetual calender. It was $55k AUD! Looked and felt great on my wrist.

Now its time for me to track down the best Franck Muller rep available. Does one exist?

If anyone has one that is accurate or knows of one let me know! Im hooked!

Cheers,

Rob

Not for sale but I can't resist.

FM Conquistador with 2892 movement, properly blued hands and gen dial relumed by the master:

GET OUT! Are we always on the same wavelength, Kru??

I just this moment, this very nanosecond ordered:

FM002LB03.JPG

It was either that, or the Conquistador Curvex above (was that you or Corgi who suggested I get the Conq one day?).

Andrew himself swayed me in favour of the Crazy Hours (requested a white strap as in the gen). He said, and I quote: "The Crazy Hours is a cool watch. =)". Good enough for me! I searched for hours on the Franck Muller website trying to pick out the flaws. Not too many, actually. The hands are less bluey, perhaps. The numerals not quite so tall. Very decent rep for the price.

EDIT: Compare gen (pricetag, Retail $19,800/ Site, $13,900...).

hxxp://www.essentialwatches.com/listing_detail.asp?brandID=13&classificationCount=12&itemID=12261

One day, after I get his permission, I'll reveal what watch he himself wears, of all his reps!!

I always wondered about that. :p

You can still find them but you need to be sure they are coming with a proper 2892. On all Mullers you have to correct the hands as the blue is not rich enough. The other flaws on the Muller include a mediocre crown, date font and poor case back engraving. It is a great rep though. Also Muller gen bracelets are in a whole other world and so I would go with leather strap. If you look you can find the occasional Muller buckle. One forum member was good enough to send me a spare. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The other Muller rep I get a kick out of is the Vegas. It's roulette function is better than the gen. I had the opportunity to compare my $150 rep with a $15,000 gen. It is not a truly great rep but one of two or three that must be worn when in Vegas. When you are down to that last dollar let the watch tell you whether to bet it. :lol:

I agree. The black dial FM Conquistador is one of the best unmodded reps (with minor flaws described above). The FM Casablanca in solid 18k gold is great too, but pricey.

I have Joshua's black dial Conquistador with Swiss ETA movement. Great rep except crown is a lil large and a couple of the bracelet edges need polishing. Mine is brand new if anyone is interested.

Sales section is elsewhere... -_-

• 2 weeks later...
Not for sale but I can't resist.

FM Conquistador with 2892 movement, properly blued hands and gen dial relumed by the master:

IMGP0367.jpg

Truly beautiful Mr Kruzer,........

Does anyone know if the Conquistador ETA2892 being offerred by trusty's website is truly ETA2892?

Does the difference in the Conquistador ETA2824 (Silix at $150) and the Trusty's ETA2892 at $300 plus so significant that it's worth the price diff (movement aside)?

Does the difference in the Conquistador ETA2824 (Silix at $150) and the Trusty's ETA2892 at $300 plus so significant that it's worth the price diff (movement aside)?

I have not had my hands on the Silix version, but I have held a 2824 side-by-side with a 2892. In my opinion, the difference in quality is worth the price.

Here's my comparison, and here's some additional info.

I have not had my hands on the Silix version, but I have held a 2824 side-by-side with a 2892. In my opinion, the difference in quality is worth the price.

Here's my comparison, and here's some additional info.

Thank you for the comparison, pics are worth a thousand words. The difference in price here is 2x ETA2824(Silix) for 1x ETA2892(Andrew) but the difference in the quality of the movement, face and strap should just make it worthwhile.

I'd rather have a few 'very good' reps than twice as many 'good' reps. : ;)

I've owned probably every Muller rep made--including more than a few $40 specials. My top 5, accuracy wise, are:

1) Solid 18K Casablanca--flawless, except the buckle should have "750" and "FM" engraved on the inside.

2)2892 Conquistador, Crown slightly off & if you opt for the white dial you'll have to find darker hands or have The Zigmeister paint yours as per Kruzer00's above.

3)Long Island and Curvex Crazy Hours--As close to 1:1 as a rep can get except the OEM was never made in steel. If they ever make another gold FM rep, this is the one to do.

4)1200 Long Island Crazy Color Dreams. Another near 1:1 rep of the only CH made in steel. There's a small flaw on the dial, but if you can still find this piece and can score an OEM dial, move this rep to the #1 spot.

5)2852 steel Casablanca--same problem w/ the hands, which are blue no matter the dial color, as the Conquistador.

the best rep (notice i said rep, not just fm but in general out of all reps) is also the one that can't be found anymore..

it's the legendary FM Conq 2892 which is no longer produced ^_^

here, someone named Avitt, a while ago took a picture of the difference in quality from what is produced now, to what was done before..

see for yourself, i don't think i'll even have to say which is the "FmConq2892 extinct" and which one is the current version

avitt-fm-compare1.jpg

avitt-fm-compare3.jpg

avitt-fm-compare2.jpg

See for yourself and relize why one has achieved mythical status .. the real question that bakes my cookie is this

Why'd they stop producing it? :o

Would the FM Swiss ETA2824 rep in leather strap rather than SS bracelet make it a better rep overall? The ETA2892 is no longer available.......

I'm not sure avitt owns the really, really legendary version. His crown is slightly different from the famed "honpo" version (they stopped producing the "legendary" version because ,like many other legendary reps, it becan as a custom run for watchhonpo and then the factory that custom-produced did a few additional runs, making some changes along the way--to the crown and to the caseback primarily). I would have to see a side view of the case and a closeup of the L's in MULLER to be absolutely certain. Eddie used to say that all of the 2892 powered versions produced after honpo's original run used 2892 copy movements, but this seems not to be the case. Some were probably made but I have seen several post-honpo conq's w/ swiss 2892's inside.

To answer your question, there are several 2824 versions. They made a bunch of them using the same case, crown, and dial as the 2892 version, changing only the movement and throwing on some shitty bracelet the probably sourced from some cheap asian-powered version. That's the one you want, w/ the black "model 8005" dial, The bad news is that they pop up once in a blue moon and last about 10 minutes in the trading area.

None of the FM rep bracelets are any good, BTW...Always put your FM's on straps.

• 1 month later...