When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Red Joe Needs To Improve Communication Skills ;-)

cabbage

I had a similar problem with a craftsman some time ago... I order a pait of hand-made shoes for my girlfriend... but they didn't arrive and communication was virtually non-existant.

So when my patience gave out, I smply wandered into my local police station and made a complaint, accusing him of theft.

That did the trick... the shoes arrived a week later.

Guest overboosted

wow, he really is going to town at ebay!

If there is one p[erson on these forums I would trust, it's Joe. Not to take away from anybody else. I trust loads of people here. But he gives out his phone numbers and address like its candy. Not the thing to do if you are going to scam people. I think he just has way too many watches and not enough time. He will deliver. Maybe someone should call him and remind him to peep in here once in a while, when he isnt buying stuff on ebay that is lol

im really saddened by this thread especially from such a nice guy it seemed, i apologize i havent gotten your stuff finished but for one your mbw was sent out to my movment guy which we both agreed on and it is back and the other ones were stuff like stripped out screws and stuff and a relume , i tried to put u up and get u out but we had to send out your mbw for the overhaul and we talked and then i fell off the face of the earth with problems and still dealing with them but getting much stronger and better and trying to make everyone happy is almost as hard as breathing , Bart i truly sry u r upset , it was not my intention at all, and from u i felt hurt because u have known me from here for a long while and know this is not my usual self , i really hope nothing ever happens to u like it has me but if it does u will see that your life and family will be your only concerns if u feel like u r going to die, certainly not watches, the only thing that i need to be compensated for is the overhaul and i will send u your one year warranty with that and i havent touched anything else, i will pay the shipping out of pocket to return your watches to u , please email me at my redbigjoe69@yahoo. come for details or call u have my numbers

as for anyone else that likes to feed fires i owe u no explanation , people that know me know im doing the best i can to get everyone straight and soon i will be back to my old self again show beautiful watches and talking watches with all my friends here, i have not ripped anyone off and or scammed anyone all i am guilty of is being sick and getting way behind on work i took in not knowing i was going to be like this, hope no one every suffers from what i have encountered but im sure some can relate, its just plain when u r suffering from health problems u just dont feel like talking or hanging out on a watch forum, and when i feel like doing something constructive it is to play catch up on patiently waiting friends/customers

im not sry for gettting sick im just sry it has delayed u getting your watches on the timely matter everyone has become accustomed to by me, when i get back on track and i will , u will see the usual turnaround time will be back, i am not up to much arguing with u today bart so just do as i asked and your stuff will be settled and u will never have to deal with me again ok , im not angry with u but i think u jumped the gun and have went a bit overboard with it considering i have kept everyone updated weekly and i dont deal with people that r that impatient or more so less compassionated when a person is down , u basically showed me what kind of person u really are , a true gentleman would have contacted me through email and or called till they got me , like most have done , im sry i may not feel like answering u right then , and i dotn come to the forums daily , and i told everyone to email me and i got your email from today only btw, i got nothing since then , i explained i had problems with the old email address and gave everyone my new one , maybe u failed to read that post , i dont know , maybe it is all a miscommunication proble, which i hope it is , but to say i ripped u off considering all i have of yours is three watches and a bezel with no money from u is overboard, there is no need for a long story here cause i am signing off now

vmena i saw u here earlier and left u a pm please call me or email me at redbigjoe69@yahoo.com , thanks for understanding

warburg u see now why emails are bouncing back and use redbigjoe69@yahoo.com , thanks for your patience my friend

tutima thanks for trying to help

pammo , i dont know u so get a life please, dont worry about me selling my brothers old taylor made irons , a couple pair of shoes i dont wear anymore , two miscellaneous clubs i dont play much anymore is the reason if u read my post u would have read that surely , and give me your phone number i will let u know when i got to the grocery store next time , maybe u can help me get my family some food, in other words im sick not dead

something that bugs me bart that was childish again and makes me a little mad , u have my address, right? im in the phone book, right? and u say u may pay me a little visit, right? and now my question to u is , when u visit me u were meaning to see how im doing or did u mean that in a threatening manner? what im saying is im not going anywhere and im very easy to find , everyone knows my name and how to find me , if not when u get here call me u have my numbers and i will give u directions more thoroughly if that is what u want , no problem ? like i said im sick but not dead and im not running and or moving out of town for a few watches , i have a family and i only owe 7 or 8 years on my mortgage so im going no where , come visit if u want just call so u dont get lost ok buddy

im still the same old joe , i dont make excuses just tell it like it is and hope all understands and for those that dont , and i have something of yours please contact me like i requested the whole time, and i will do my best to get u taken care of , i feel in a few weeks i will be done with doctors and resume my life and hopefully go play some golf , the weather has been nice here lately for sure

im really saddened by this thread especially from such a nice guy it seemed, i apologize i havent gotten your stuff finished but for one your mbw was sent out to my movment guy which we both agreed on and it is back and the other ones were stuff like stripped out screws and stuff and a relume , i tried to put u up and get u out but we had to send out your mbw for the overhaul and we talked and then i fell off the face of the earth with problems and still dealing with them but getting much stronger and better and trying to make everyone happy is almost as hard as breathing , Bart i truly sry u r upset , it was not my intention at all, and from u i felt hurt because u have known me from here for a long while and know this is not my usual self , i really hope nothing ever happens to u like it has me but if it does u will see that your life and family will be your only concerns if u feel like u r going to die, certainly not watches, the only thing that i need to be compensated for is the overhaul and i will send u your one year warranty with that and i havent touched anything else, i will pay the shipping out of pocket to return your watches to u , please email me at my redbigjoe69@yahoo. come for details or call u have my numbers

as for anyone else that likes to feed fires i owe u no explanation , people that know me know im doing the best i can to get everyone straight and soon i will be back to my old self again show beautiful watches and talking watches with all my friends here, i have not ripped anyone off and or scammed anyone all i am guilty of is being sick and getting way behind on work i took in not knowing i was going to be like this, hope no one every suffers from what i have encountered but im sure some can relate, its just plain when u r suffering from health problems u just dont feel like talking or hanging out on a watch forum, and when i feel like doing something constructive it is to play catch up on patiently waiting friends/customers

im not sry for gettting sick im just sry it has delayed u getting your watches on the timely matter everyone has become accustomed to by me, when i get back on track and i will , u will see the usual turnaround time will be back, i am not up to much arguing with u today bart so just do as i asked and your stuff will be settled and u will never have to deal with me again ok , im not angry with u but i think u jumped the gun and have went a bit overboard with it considering i have kept everyone updated weekly and i dont deal with people that r that impatient or more so less compassionated when a person is down , u basically showed me what kind of person u really are , a true gentleman would have contacted me through email and or called till they got me , like most have done , im sry i may not feel like answering u right then , and i dotn come to the forums daily , and i told everyone to email me and i got your email from today only btw, i got nothing since then , i explained i had problems with the old email address and gave everyone my new one , maybe u failed to read that post , i dont know , maybe it is all a miscommunication proble, which i hope it is , but to say i ripped u off considering all i have of yours is three watches and a bezel with no money from u is overboard, there is no need for a long story here cause i am signing off now

vmena i saw u here earlier and left u a pm please call me or email me at redbigjoe69@yahoo.com , thanks for understanding

warburg u see now why emails are bouncing back and use redbigjoe69@yahoo.com , thanks for your patience my friend

tutima thanks for trying to help

pammo , i dont know u so get a life please, dont worry about me selling my brothers old taylor made irons , a couple pair of shoes i dont wear anymore , two miscellaneous clubs i dont play much anymore is the reason if u read my post u would have read that surely , and give me your phone number i will let u know when i got to the grocery store next time , maybe u can help me get my family some food, in other words im sick not dead

something that bugs me bart that was childish again and makes me a little mad , u have my address, right? im in the phone book, right? and u say u may pay me a little visit, right? and now my question to u is , when u visit me u were meaning to see how im doing or did u mean that in a threatening manner? what im saying is im not going anywhere and im very easy to find , everyone knows my name and how to find me , if not when u get here call me u have my numbers and i will give u directions more thoroughly if that is what u want , no problem ? like i said im sick but not dead and im not running and or moving out of town for a few watches , i have a family and i only owe 7 or 8 years on my mortgage so im going no where , come visit if u want just call so u dont get lost ok buddy

im still the same old joe , i dont make excuses just tell it like it is and hope all understands and for those that dont , and i have something of yours please contact me like i requested the whole time, and i will do my best to get u taken care of , i feel in a few weeks i will be done with doctors and resume my life and hopefully go play some golf , the weather has been nice here lately for sure

im not going to bother reading this entire unibomber manifesto, but the bottom line is:

joe finally responded to me....it really sucks it took making this type of post to finally get a response...as i do not enjoy it. he is going to send me my watches back, so all is well. so, it seems that joe is not a rip off guy....just a really crappy communicator. anyway.....i tried and tried and tried to handle this with direct contact to joe, but it seems the only way to get a response was when i reached my breaking point and angily made my posts. im happy he finally got back to me, but man all ya got to do is respond. if i offered this level of service to my clients, i would be out of business in a week.

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. I just do not have the patience, or stamina, to read Joe's posts.

hey im feeling better today and u made me laugh once again picking on my run on sentences, lol i really ahve missed u guys, soon i will be back on my feet and hopefully join in some more fun with u guys

and cabbage im glad we got u sorted out and now u sort of understand

Newsflash.... and one with no class....as he badmouths the other repair guys on phone calls.

Is this true? :g:

I hope not, that would not be very nice at all. :yuk:

There are some good repair guys here (The Zigmeister, finepics, Palpatine and probably others I don't know of) and they should not be put down without good reason. Precious few of them as there are...

hey im feeling better today and u made me laugh once again picking on my run on sentences, lol i really ahve missed u guys, soon i will be back on my feet and hopefully join in some more fun with u guys

and cabbage im glad we got u sorted out and now u sort of understand

"Some day Ill be saturday night

Ill be back on my feet, Ill be doin alright

It may not be tomorrow baby, thats ok

I aint goin down, gonna find a way, hey hey hey

Hey man Im alive Im takin each day and night at a time

Yeah, Im down, but I know Ill get by

Hey hey hey hey, man, gotta live my life

Like I aint got nothin but this roll of the dice

Im feelin like a monday, but someday Ill be saturday night"

Hmm that's me all the time! :o

well, im glad it all got resolved. i got [censored] and said some stuff i probably shouldnt have....but the many PM's had not been returned, and his phone number had "message box full" everytime i tried to call. only today did i get his email address...never had it before.

bottom line though is i finally got a response...so i guess this is what it took to get it, getting [censored] and saying a bunch of crap. this is history for me now, and i wont talk about it again. i know many of you are friends of joe and have alot of respect for him and feel for him with his illness and all....and thats great. personally i really dont know the guy that well, and i, like pretty much everyone on earth doesnt like to feel taken advantage of, and i got to the point where this is how i felt. once there my top blew. my top.

but to those that say, "relax they are just hunks of metal, more important things in life"....well that is really a bunch of crap. u see, joe offers a service...he has a business.....when he neglects the business and offers no communication with his customers, he is being irresponsible with other peoples property. this is BS...and whether ill or healthy, communication, or getting somone else to do so, and return watches to those that request, is really basic stuff. joe has neglected his clients, and in business, there are always ramifications when you do this. my post would be one of those ramifications.

so if you do business here on the forum...or whether it be rwg or trc or ebay....you are accountable for your service. you are lauded when it is good, and reverse lauded when bad. this would be a reverse laud ;-)

thats the way we keep everything honest around here.

Edited by cabbage

I wasn't joking.

at any rate u have always said i dont punctuate enough so that came back to my mind, and if u were being mean and sarcastic thats ok too(i would only expect that from u , lol) please dont take that as an insult (just saying that has been your way for as long as i have known u around here a little smart butt which is what i like about u anyway), i will do what i can do to finish what all i have on my plate and then join in with the guys that understand me and welcome me and the ones that dont will miss out on our fun !!!

I got a Yacht Master back last week from Joe, looks great, no complaints here.

Just to address some of the things I've read on this thread, I've had many conversations with Joe over the phone and I don't recall him saying anything negative about any other watch repair guys and if he did

(which he didn't) it would at least be in confidence, I've seen other watch repair guys jump on Joe at the drop of a hat on some of the forum boards in full view of the public.

As far as ebay goes, BIG DEAL ! When I had my surgery a few months back I spent a lot of time on ebay buying crap too, do you guys mean to tell me that when you don't feel well and you have nothing to do you don't spend alot of time on the internet?, it looks like the majority of his purchases are inexpensive items, I really don't think he's on there spending your watch money.

Someone remarked they didn't trust Joe because he gives out his email and phone number freely,

that seems like backward logic, I would be weary if he tried to hide his phone number and email,

the fact that he's not trying to hide anything should put you at ease.

Joe has hundreds of great reviews over at the old RWG which is unfortunately gone but if you've been around awhile you know its true and as far as I can tell he has had 2, yes count em' (two) major complaints,

even Jesus had more complaints than that.

Joe's communication could be better and I understand what its like to wait a long time and have a lot of money on the line, it makes people nervous and causes us to jump the gun and say things that we wished we wouldnt' have.

Before we string him up, lets remember all glowing reviews and satisfied customers he has had over the last few years.

Just a thought....

When dealers leave the country on trips (business or pleasure), they will post notices here that they are out of town until further notice.

Perhaps if a business man that gets too sick to complete his current work load that has been promised; one might post a notice here also: Don't send me any more jobs as I am too sick to work for the next few months.

This would keep the work load from becoming more unmanageable, and keep current customers satisfied.

One good report will get you one new customer.

One bad report will loose you ten other potential customers.

Just business sense.....

Not trying to throw fuel to the fire or put it out but I requested Joe do some work for me a month or so ago and he told me that he was ill and was not taking any more work. He also recommended I get in touch with The Zigmeister to do the work.

Just my 2 cents in this mess

:victory:

jon