When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Red Joe Needs To Improve Communication Skills ;-)

cabbage

WTF???? i know he says hes got health problems...but how tough is it to send my watches back, or reply to a PM? No, this just reeks of RIPOFF.....and i suspect this is a planned ripoff. The health thing doesnt explain it all....i believe we have a con artist in our midst, and his name is big red joe, the ripoff king. he will pay, one way or another, this is for sure.

edited to say: Well, turns out i was off base on the ripoff comments....but i was at my wits end...sucks it took making a post like this to get a response. anyway, hes sending them back, so i am semi happy :-)

Edited by cabbage

I don't want to make any assumption regarding his health.

But as far as i know, Highdef waited for 8 months. So, 3 months ain't that bad.

Btw, he has good reputation here. So, maybe it's hard for you to accuse him for scamming you.

Now both rbj and The Zigmeister are unavailable, I don't know who can fix the watch for me.

I have waited like months...:(

Edited by cwai02

I don't want to make any assumption regarding his health.

But as far as i know, Highdef waited for 8 months.

unbelieveable.....also is BS the way he dissed the other repair guys in our phone calls...when all along, i believe he was setting up and planning the big heist. the guy should be behind bars.

unbelieveable.....also is BS the way he dissed the other repair guys in our phone calls...when all along, i believe he was setting up and planning the big heist. the guy should be behind bars.

Did you send an email to his new email address?

Sorry to hear about your delays. It sucks to have watches gone for a long time. Every time I send my gens away for service it takes FOREVER to get them back. I just sit there picturing them on the wrist of the service guys at happy hour. But they always make it back.

RBJ isn't going to scam anyone. He is very well known by a ton of members. I'm sure he will take care of you. I know he is very behind due to his health issues and has stated that he won't be spending much time on the boards while he catches up.

If I were you I would quickly start buying new watches to fill the gap. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers,

CM

Sorry to hear about your delays. It sucks to have watches gone for a long time. Every time I send my gens away for service it takes FOREVER to get them back. I just sit there picturing them on the wrist of the service guys at happy hour. But they always make it back.

RBJ isn't going to scam anyone. He is very well know by a ton of members. I'm sure he will take care of you. I know he is very behind due to his health issues and has stated that he won't be spending much time on the boards while he catches up.

If I were you I would quickly start buying new watches to fill the gap. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers,

CM

Newsflash....keeping my watches for so long after about a dozen, "will be done next week" PM's.....well, that is already scamming me. the man is a con artist...plain and simple. and one with no class....as he badmouths the other repair guys on phone calls, yet as u read by my post, he is the one that has the issue.

Newsflash....keeping my watches for so long after about a dozen, "will be done next week" PM's.....well, that is already scamming me. the man is a con artist...plain and simple. and one with no class....as he badmouths the other repair guys on phone calls, yet as u read by my post, he is the one that has the issue.

btw...bob waited more than a year.

so I guess 3 months ain't that bad.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=5206

Let me find the thread for you. You should be fine.

It's not very nice to assume that he is lying about his health situation.

welll, im not really feeling very "nice" at this point. i dont like getting scammed, and this appears to be a classic case of it. you will hear more and more of this until he grows a sack and simply returns the many peoples merchandise he is holding hostage. frankly im amazed he gets cut as much slack as he does around here.

welll, im not really feeling very "nice" at this point. i dont like getting scammed, and this appears to be a classic case of it. you will hear more and more of this until he grows a sack and simply returns the many peoples merchandise he is holding hostage. frankly im amazed he gets cut as much slack as he does around here.

I think you may calm down a little bit. You know, this attitude never help solving problems, and it actually pisses off some members who may have helped you out.

I think you may calm down a little bit. You know, this attitude never help solving problems, and it actually pisses off some members who may have helped you out.

i really wish someone else had made this post, BEFORE i sent the guy my watches. Fortunately, i can afford to buy new stuff....but the shady dealings are BS and must be made public, so that others dont fall into the big red ripoff trap. im not really asking for help, just warning others to stay away. i will "help myself" to find a resolution to my BRJ issue, but either he is a scammer or the worst businessman ever to be born. either way, the truth must be told. and as i look at the calendar, we are actually going on 4 1/2 months, not 3.

I think it is important to see there is a difference between very slow service and stealing watches. I would be really frustrated with a 4.5 month wait but I wouldn't think that someone was stealing my watches. Hopefully you will get them back soon and then you can choose to take your business to someone else. You have every right to post your experience but if it were me, which it isn't, I wouldn't call someone a thief unless I was really sure. It sounds like you might be there already.

I hope it gets settled soon.

Best of Luck,

CM

So far,..If he is guilty of anything, it's continuing to accept watches

thus much more work than he could handle while sick...

Then life probably happened, where he needs to work to pay for back bills

accumulated while bedridden... maybe the reason he's hesitant to return watches

as requested.

If any of you feel for Joe.. give him the time to recover and dig himself out of possible

financial trouble, and also to save face.

If you don't care, then by all means request your watches back.. and if you do.. he should

comply with your wishes.

Joe if you are reading this.. Please respond, and agree to return watches upon request.

Otherwise what else can people assume but that they have been ripped off ?

i think reps are just fine the way they come from factory ..

paying large amounts of $$$$ for mods is just crazy ! :bangin:

for that amount save a lil more $$$ & buy GEN ... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

good luck .

Totally agree with you. But for a lot of members here it`s a sport to search/build a "perfect" rep. For them it aint about the money.

If it were me. And all he had to do is ship them back, I'd be [censored] too! He has bought and sold several items on ebay this past month and appears to be gearing up for golf season. Using a mailbox does not appear to be an issue.

Just ship the man back his watches