When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix website

keiron99

Can anyone tell me which website belongs to Silix? I have found two: silixprime.com and watchsilix.com.

Are they operated by the same person, or is one of them now defunct? There appears to be large differences in the prices. I'd appreciate if anyone could clarify for me thanks!

Thanks. So it's literally just the movement? The case/straps etc are of the same quality?

no. In many cases lots of watches have different cases as well as movements... silix-prime has the selection of watches that are most talked about on this website.. in addition to the "super-reps" like Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Panerai's, IWC cousteau divers, Hublot and Chopard watches.. Only by from watch-silix if you're looking for something relatively cheap or with a quartz movement.

no. In many cases lots of watches have different cases as well as movements..

I guess the problem is identifying them. I had my fingers burnt last year with my first experience of a rep after weeks of research here. I bought a Rolex at a premium price from a dealer who was very much flavour of the month. It has so many faults it sits in my draw and is never worn. My polite emails to him went unanswered. Maybe I just got unlucky. Anyway, now I have an itch that needs scratching, I'm minded to not risk too much and take a punt on a cheaper one!

• 1 year later...

I would advise you not to buy from Silix unless you are prepared to live with the following statements:

- Regardless of any claims made by the dealer, all Silix goods are drop-shipped without any QC.

- Communication with Silix can be slow. Do not expect a reply within 48 hours. If you get one, you are lucky, but do not expect it.

- If there is an issue with the shipment, do not expect to be notified of it by the dealer, but simply wait till you run out of patience, and send an email asking for an update. You will then be told that your shipment was seized by customs, and a new shipment has been posted that day.

- Hope that you receive the correct stock and in a reasonable condition. Getting an issue resolved is a tedious process.

For all that, I must say that Silix is an extremely polite and pleasant person. If you're happy with those potential risks, then go for it :good:

I agree with much of what TeeJay said, but I would add that Silix reuses some of the same pictures for different watches (compare the side views of their various vintage CG-less Subs as 1 example). This can be a problem when you are trying to choose between a few similar (but not the same) watches or are buying based on a specific spec or requirement. I had this problem when I was comparing some of their cheaper (Asian powered) alternatives to 1 of their more expensive (ETA powered) watches for a current project. And with their slow response times (in communications email & shipping), dealing with Silix can be a very frustrating experience. But, on the other hand, both of the watches I have received were exactly what I ordered (it should be noted that the last 1 took nearly 2 months to arrive).