When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I like 'em flat

Nanuq

im going to combine my thread from below with this since its almost the same theme.

well ive been eagerly waiting the arrival of the 4th for no other reason than its my favourite date numeral aesthetically. if thats not a sure sign i need to diversify my hobbies and get out more im not sure what is :lol:

well since its short lived and will be away again soon, though id get a photo up.

anyone else get excited by such things, what makes your month watch wise?

16800-2b.jpg

Edited by thewightstuff

All you bastards with your FLAT top 3's

:p

... im looking at a round ugly 3 on my DRSD right now ggrrr.. hehe

Thanks for rubbing it in LOL

Now i have to put on my Comex 5514 im currently working on so i cant see the date haha

CIMG1002.jpg

Lonnie

I am thinking of getting a vintage Daytona... these old Rolexes have a certain appeal - even though they are stainless steel and have a very economic, simple design, their value is astounding - in good condition they fetch over $50,000 , rare color combinations in great condition over $80,000.... definitely gives the modern Daytona crowd a run for their money.

The only down side to the old Daytonas is that untrained, unknowledgeable folk may easily mistake them as fake for the wrong reasons. Yes, they are fake, of course, but not because they don't look like modern cosmographs !

make sure you get them in while you can. its not long left until its gone for another month :)

loving the old school snaps festival though, youve got a beautiful collection there and you havent even brought out your non crown guard masterpiece yet.

ive only got one date model so thats me spent.

aw shucks, couldnt resist anyways....

pair1.jpg

Edited by thewightstuff

haha, yeah ive gone to the dark side with the 16800 :) .

ive been hankering after a date and cyclops for a while but just wasnt feeling the regular 1680s with the similarity with my non dates and was unwilling to stump for a red just to have that dial.....though what a dail.

decided a transitional matte 16800 was the way forward to add some variety but also because i cant stomach gloss and WG surrounds. its old case material, matte and tritium but the unidirectional bezel and a sapphire crystal. im liking the bezel assy, it feels more like engineering though i keep trying to turn it the wrong way haha. I am still unsure ref the sapphire though, i like plexi too much and am finding the sapphire too bling but its growing on me. it feels chunkier on the wrist than the 551Xs which im loving. its very close with the 1665s in bulk actually

the twins are about to be parted doc, the 5513 is on its way to a new home soon with the 16800 coming. theres no way the 5512 is going anywhere and i dont really need the two. i try to keep my habit in check with the rule, if im not wearing it alot it cant stay. the 5513 was my daily and the 16800 has usurped it so its role is less clear

what a feast of vintages though gen and rep, keep em coming :) if this doesnt show a vintage forum will go down a storm i dont know what will.

doc, whats up with your insert? ive got a silver flat top date wheel here somewhere for an eta if you want it. just let me know

come on nanuq....show us what we wanna see as the icing ;) i want some non crown guard action thrown in. maybe rob can throw in his beauty too

Edited by thewightstuff

i think something just went wrong in my downstairs area. :lol:

doesnt that just make you love them even more, they are just so much finer than you can imagine. i got to try on a big crown once, its probably the highlight of my brief watch affair, that and being in a room to handle a scarily large amount of 3646 and 6152 rolex/panerais.

ive been so tempted with that one listed up on the bay its not true but its come a few months too early for me. maybe after the turn of the year i will be able to add one and just sit at home all day in only my underwear and a non CG sub.

who says i have small dreams :)

Edited by thewightstuff