When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Surely this must be a mistake?

andreww

Hi,

no that's not a mistake. It's the socalled "lite" version. Actually this version has no AR. Sillix has the particularity of offering a 28.8k movement (to be checked) whereas it's supposed to have athe old 21,6k 7750. There's a doubt on Sillix's dial : Carbon Fiber or not ?

And for the price, I'm not shocked, I had myself a 20 dollars discount compared to PC's price by going through an other dealer.

In fact, I want to think that the Hublot was way too overpriced before, and that this lite version is an occasion to correct that...somehow.

While I think that Silix's new version is a great value, the other 'value' HBB does not strike me as a tremendous value. Consider that it's fitted with the old asian movement, as well as not having AR. With the newer version, I think it's more indicative to add twenty bucks to Silix's price to bring us in line with the average price with EMS shipping. I went with the discount shipping offered by Silix and found that it took an inordinately long time to receive my watch.

Getting a watch AR'd costs about 75 bucks when you factor in the removal and re-seating of the watch crystal. If you were asking me whether I'd rather pay around $310 US for the discount big bang, AR'd aftermarket, I think that it's a better deal than the super-rep cost...provided it's the new 7750 asian movement. Make it the old asian movement, and I'd rather pay extra for the better 7750.

I also found that when the cost-analysis was considered with the asian vs. ETA SFSO, the benefit of the cheaper model became less clear. For example, if you pay $130 US for the asian, get it AR'd for 75 bucks, then the cost difference between the asian and ETA is pretty much exactly the cost of the movement.

There's talk that the more recent 21k 7750 asian movements is actually a 'new' movement- presumably more reliable than the old notorious version.

If it is indeed the older 7750, then the issue of 'value' becomes highly suspect. How good a deal is a cheaper version of a watch that is less accurate (no AR) and not reliable?

Lite version's not 28k....it's 21k....if silix's description says it's 28k.....it sure is misleading.....

If he says it's 28K then I don't doubt it, but you don't have to take his word for it. Look at the pictures (oh yeah, I forgot about that "new" movement). He also states that it's sapphire, where the light is glass I believe.

Complete noob on HBB here. There is an issue that keeps getting me confused. Silix' 'lite' HBB and Joshua's 'full' HBB look as they have very different patterns on their bezels' side: plain/smooth on Silix', shagreened/knurled on Joshua's.

Silix:

silixhbbut7.jpg

Joshua:

joshuahbbbm8.jpg

The smooth pattern on Silix' HBB looks exactly the same as on even cheaper reps around (Joshua's included, w/ Asian 21J).

Still, noone seems to care about it.

Is that because those are just different genuine models? The one from Silix is correct as well? Or what?

And especially: any lite version around with the knurled bezel?

Unfortunately not.

In fact the knurled bezel is genuine ceramic, the other one is PVC coated stainless steel. That is one part of the huge price difference it seems.

Thanks, Pix! Now I got it clear.