When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is it a TW best sub?

dvn

Just got it from River and it supppose to be a TW Best but i had the mbk TT sub before and the rehault on this is not as deep as the one from mbk. so the question is, Is it a TW best? the rehault is the same as the other sub from joshua.

Any Rolex expert please chime in.

TWBestTTsub3.jpg

TWBestTTsub4.jpg

Rehaut depth appears to be OK. Rehaut thickness is pretty thick. Look at the crystal from the side and see how far it projects above the bezel insert. Does it have good projection above the bezel, like about 1mm? And it came from River, so I'd figure it's a TW Best- he and Eddie Lee are the two most commonly associated w/ the TW Best cases. joshua has a TW like case w/ deep rehaut also, but as I recall, the date window/cyclops were positioned too far to the right at the edge of the case.

You could take the bracelet off and check the SN- F520117 is a noobmariner case, but this case appears to have deeper rehaut than a noob.

I agree that this is a noobmariner and i am guessing becasue of the rehaut depth that is shallower that an MBW or TW. Check the serial number between the lugs to be sure. Its prob F520117 like bklm1234 says. This is a VERY good replica and in my opinion more accurate than the TW best anyways. I hope you didnt pay too much for it becasue its also one of the least expensive sub reps.

It cost me $269 from River (check his offer on rwi). I did asked him about it before buying and he confirmed it.

He did also confimred after i got it. So either River did not tell the truth or TW Best is not the same tw best anymore

and people in this forum should be aware of so we don't pay too much for it with the impression that we are getting

the real TW best. Thank you for all your inputs.

If i have a chance i''ll remove the bracelet so i can read the serial number.

btw, is the cost of $269 too much for this?

Here's a pic of the old discontinued tt tw sub just to compare

how'd you get so lucky to get that?

Paso and ttk have the new version. Paso calls it MBW/MBK 16613. I forgot what Neil calls it. It retains many of the old TW Best 16613's virtues but the bezel teeth are not as nice (too pointy) and the dial has the same minute markers (longer and touching the rehaut) but has "Swiss Made" instead of "Swiss - T < 25", which is the right text for minute markers that are this long and touching the rehaut.

Your gen crown is great too of course.

-bk

It cost me $269 from River (check his offer on rwi). I did asked him about it before buying and he confirmed it.

He did also confimred after i got it. So either River did not tell the truth or TW Best is not the same tw best anymore

and people in this forum should be aware of so we don't pay too much for it with the impression that we are getting

the real TW best. Thank you for all your inputs.

If i have a chance i''ll remove the bracelet so i can read the serial number.

btw, is the cost of $269 too much for this?

$269 is a very reasonable price. No he didn't overcharge you. Ruby prices it about the same. Don't worry about the name. What's not right is calling it something and jack up the price. He didn't do that. It's a great TT. Put a gen crown and at least a watchmaterial pearl in it. It'll be perfect.

BTW, the dial and date font combo is better on yours than the TWB or MBW or MBK or whatever they call it. Because it's a noobmariner dial and datewheel overly, the best in the industry.

-bk