When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Fa Jones

Now, that is a nice movement. In some way it resembles the caliber of the original Portuguese. Nicer than the gen Jones caliber in my opinion.

I am a little confused about the Jones size, in diverse dealer pages it says 42mm, 43mm or even 44mm. I asked some of them and they confirmed diverse sizes. also for the strap size (I am pretty sure I would have to replace the one that comes with the watch). Some say 22mm other 21mm (as CM confiremed). Can some of you that has already gotten the watch confirm the actual diameter? (different suppliers?).

Yeah im with coquito on this....what is the actual strap size, im confused too!

It is amazing, i cant awit to recieve it, tracking number out so watching it every 10 mins lol!

Richard, yours is a stunner, where did you get this guys contact details from, aaplus??? Im a UK buyer so would be good to know!!

Tourbillion, where did you get that movement from chief? I would love to upgrade my movement, its so dull at the moment!

my Jones with modified movement is ready, i will post pics next week... sorry no digicam yet

the new movement (special unitas 6498) fit perfect. But only one problem. The screws for holding the dial are different and so need new screws... the jones movement isn´t swiss produced unitas movement!!!! and also little different from my swiss produced movement.

i sell this movement on ebay.... look my ebay name: iwc1868 or my ebay-shop: swiss-watch-tools-parts

sorry i have limited stock from this special movement and can´t sell it in forum. But i have other nice Unitas 6498-1 movement with cotes de geneve style and blue screws... reduced price from 299$ to 199$ SALE, because i close my shop as from 01.06 for holiday

the jones is 43mm and the lugs are 22mm...

watch looks good and fit perfect on wrist, because very thin. The quality is good, but not heavy steel. The bezel on my watch is not proof :angry: ... looks realy like genuine, but the markers on dial are to big. The genuine watch have thinner numbers on dial. And wrong serial number. I have the platin version and this is limited stock of 500 pieces but on replica is same engraving 117/3000 like steel version.

Wow i cant wait to see that!!

I'd love to upgrade my movement but havent got the skills!

look this movement: i have reduced price from 299$ to 199$ in my ebay shop. You can sell your old unitas movement from Jones in ebay for 80-100$ and this project cost 100$

example: purchase the jones for 219$ from Paul (abay-eshop), the high quality movement in my shop 199$ and sell your old movement in ebay for 80-100$... and the watch with modified movement cost nearly 319$

i think this is a good idea... look i have paid 325$ ONLY for watch with BAD unfinished movement, because i am from germany and don´t purchase from abay in view of cutsoms problems in germany.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SWISS-eta-unitas-6498-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah its a great idea but i wouldnt have a clue how to fit it!

it will fit... unitas 6498 is unitas 6498... unfinished or high finish... same movement.

BTW, look some dealers like ETASWISS want 380$ for Jones... ONLY for watch... this project with better finish movement is cheaper :thumbsupsmileyanim:

best regards

if you are trying to sell, FS section is the place.

i am not interesting for selling this movement in forum

i have a ebay shop and enough clients...

but i think it is a great idea to rebuild this movement in Jones...

if you not like this movement or can get it for cheaper price from other seller or better movement.... NO POBLEM

that´s life

thank you