When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Engraved rehaut Submariner

Marc16610

Pure speculation at this point but I've read the Sub line may also be getting the ceramic bezel insert treatment.

Not speculation at all ;)

Have it on the very best authority that the new Sub and SD (116610 and 116660 respectively) will use the new thicker GMT 41mm case and will sport a ceramic diver's bezel (which interestingly enough is not a ratchet 120-click on the GMT but a 'jump' 24-click, so maybe a 60-click for the Sub/SD?) along with the Daytona-type clasp and bracelet - will be most likely announced at Basel next spring for release Q3/4 2008 and delivery from Q1 2009.

i can for sure see them going to a Daytona bracelet... Its a great bracelet and a better clasp but a little too 'fancy' for me. It will be really exciting to see exactly what Rolex does here... just hopefully the Submariner wont go the way of the Yacht-Master II.... The last thing i want to see is a 'Clown-Mariner II' :(

seen my first no date COSC sub over the weekend. all it did was reaffirm my decision that modern rolex are going backwards and that sticking with vintage was always the right decision. i find the engraving gaudy and noticeable when on the wrist too. it wouldnt surprise me if it saw the ceramic bezel added as it seems the way rolex are going these days.

its sad that they feel the need to move further and further from their heritage but then again what do i know. no doubt they have some nice market research to show i know nothing at all and that people want more and more obvious watches.

interestingly all those with modern rolex models that i know have been eschewing the sports models over the last year or two and picking up datejusts and daydates whenever they felt the need to add something.

i know more than an handful of ADs with sub dates, sub no dates, TT subs and SDs all sitting in their cases when a year ago you would have had to hunt one down

Edited by thewightstuff

And at alst a pure fantasy and it would be great f they came with this one

6blkayo.jpg

Nice work, not far off what the 116610 will be like :tu:

Sadly the red text and retro pearl is never gonna happen - Rolex seem quite happy to urinate on their own heritage these days <_<

p.s. can you try it with a date and also an SD version - interesting depth upgrading :g: maybe take the SD to 5000ft since we're playing fantasy Rolex :D