When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Smp

triplehd

Originally posted in the General Discussion, but thought I throw the pics in the Omega section as well.

Sent Joe an Omega SMP - originally purchased from Silix. Ask Joe to peform the following mods:

* Swap the Rep Dial with a Gen Dial (from Ofrei)

* Realign the bezel (thanks By-Tor for pointing it out)

* Fix the clasp (broken pressure pin)

Not only did Joe perform these mods, but when I talked to Joe last night (thanks for taking my call Joe) he told me that he an extra blue insert that was more correct in color to the gen than what my rep had. I asked Joe if he can swap insert and Joe said no problemo. Not only does he swap the inserts, but he went the extra yard and swapped out pearls.

Here some pics from Joe:

55562-35552.jpg

And another:

55562-35553.jpg

And one more for good measure:

55562-35554.jpg

I will post some additional shots (espeically the lume) when I receive the watch.

That is a very cool idea. How did you know that a gen dial would fit? Do you think that would work for a speedmaster, etc?

The rep and gen dial are the same size. My main concern was the date window. The gen is much larger than the rep and wanted to make sure that the date still appeared perfectly centered. From Joe's pics, I would say that the date field is right on.

That's one ugly pearl mate... no improvement there!

Again, better than most pearls out there - especially the ones that stick out way too much.

I can always mod it agian using Velocci's tutorial:

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...topic=18430&hl=