When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1500 case for frankenjust

UB7

Just wondering, will a 1500 case be a good case for a frankenjust? Will it accept a datejust dial and gen movt? Also, if I cant find a gen movement for a decent price, what kind of ETA movement would fit this case? Would a ETA 2836-2 fit in this?? If so, who can I source this movement from?

0aa7_10.JPG

Will this eta 2824-2 fit?

56696517_o.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by UB7

Right on...I will probbably just get a 1600 case instead, what kind of movement is reccomended for a 16000? Will a 2824-2 fit?

Has anyone used a 1500 case for a franken? If so, what kind of movt. was used?

Edited by UB7

Right on...I will probbably just get a 1600 case instead, what kind of movement is reccomended for a 16000? Will a 2824-2 fit?

Has anyone used a 1500 case for a franken? If so, what kind of movt. was used?

I've used a 12892 in a 15200 case for Date model, I've also used a 2834-2, completely stripped down of all date funtions for an airking in a 15200 case. for a 15000, a 2834-2 will work, and if you do go with a 1500, I would recommend a 2846 movement as the sweep second will be more close to the sweep on a 1570 Rolex movement.

If you go with a 1600 case, you will need a pie pan dial, and I recommend a 2846 as well. 16000, you can use 2834-2 or 2824-2.

Thanks alot guys, really appreciate the help! I just got a 2824-2 off ebay for 90 bucks and am waiting for the auction for the 16200 case w/ dial to end...What kind of hands will fit the 2824? Is there anything else I might need for this project besides the case,dial,movement,hands,tube,crown? What size tube do I need, 5.3 or 6? Will the plastic movement holder outa my rep datejust be able to hold this movement in the new case? I want to make this as easy a project as possible for my watchsmith~

3035w.jpg

Generic hands 3035 white 16000-3035

OR

3135w.jpg

Generic hands 3135 white

This is the ETA movt I purchased:

56696527_tp.jpg

56696517_tp.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by UB7

Hand sizes for ETA are 90/150/25. You need a set of Tudor hands from someone like Clarks Watch Supply (nostalgia2000 on ebay). Rolex hands won't fit.

Datewheel overlay (rolex fonts) from www.cubic-works.com/ over in Hong Kong. 16200 should have the closed 6's and 9's.

Case tube comes with the case if you get your case from Roling. Crown is #24-602-0 for an ss crown. Jewelerstools out in Arizona has crowns on ebay. Or just type in "Rolex crown" and see what comes up.

Thanks a ton alligoat, really appreciate the great info...I'll let you know how this project is coming along when all the parts arrive! Do I need a spacer to lock in the movement? Can I take it out of my rep DJ? The datewheels on cubic works dont have closed 6 and 9's but this 1 I found @ offrei does..

Will this fit?

ROL-GR145.jpg

Generic Date Wheel White Cal. 3135

Edited by UB7

Thanks a ton alligoat, really appreciate the great info...I'll let you know how this project is coming along when all the parts arrive! Do I need a spacer to lock in the movement? Can I take it out of my rep DJ? The datewheels on cubic works dont have closed 6 and 9's but this 1 I found @ offrei does..

Will this fit?

ROL-GR145.jpg

There is probably not enough clearance for that date disc to work. It will rub against the bottom of the dial. Cubic works does have the closed fonts. Their pictures show open, but I've received closed from them.

Your spacer may work, but it will probably need some work to retrofit. The crown is 24-603-0, they sell anywhere in a sealed pack from $40 - $125. I've always asked to have a crown included with my case at end of auction. It is usually an extra $30, but they are in excellent condition. The ones from jewellers tools are okay, but everytime I order one, I get it for the old style case, even when I specify for new style. so far they are batting 0/5. but they do correct it in the end, but just a pain to mail it back and wait for replacement.

Will this fit?

ROL-GR145.jpg

Rolex movement parts do not generally fit on an ETA. You will need to find an aftermarket datewheel overlay (I think cubic-works.com has some, but I do not know if they have the correct one for your movement or watch) or an ETA datewheel with the correct font for your ETA model calibre.

Guest watchbuff

It's not a question of getting the correct datewheel for you movement. All it has to do is lay over the existing eta datewheel, it will be "undersized so it lines up in the dayejust dial window. It has to be dead balls on center or else it will not work the date wheel could rub on the bottom of the facce but check the clearance after the metal ring is on the movement and if it is rubbing add a ever so small dab of super glue in gel form at the 12,6, 3,and 9 points of that metal ring and them file them down to a uniforn height so the dial sits above the movement and clears the overlay. Thats what I did and it worked.

If cubic works has the correct wheel with the closed 6 and 9's then I will order on today. Could somone let me know?

Best of luck on your project,Hre is my 16200 with eta 2824-2:

16200 Rolex 1-8k wg bezel and 18k wg crown.

Very nice watchbuff! Nice to see a fellow new-yorker on these boards~ This is the current datewheel, ironicly its not so bad closed 6/9's but serrifed

56696527_tp.jpg - I also ordered a dw from cubic so ill let you know how it is when it arrives

Edited by UB7