When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I hit the motherload...sorta

Jaymoi

I have recently been in contact with a guy who is an avid watch collector.

Over the past three months he has bought from me a variety of watches for himself, his wife and mother.

He has quite a few gens, and is wanting to sell three of them. He has left it up to me to sell them on his behalf; and with the money earned from the sale of these three watches he will re-invest it into more rep watches and bags from me! Result!

He is a complete watch newbie, doesn't even know the models of the watches he wants to sell. He has sent me pictures of the three watches he wants me to sell for him. I was wondering if the more experienced watch afficionados could help me find out the make and specs of the watches?

If anyone could help me with this, and if i am successful in even selling one watch i will gladly make a sizeable donation to keep this great forum up and running.

Also, it would help me re-get my annual membership for here again - huge Uni debt has been a bit of a struggle of late! :S

Thanks in advance!

Moi ;)

OBVIOUSLY i will be taking the watches off him, cleaning them and taking loooovely pics of them, (with my Pug tutorial ;) ) and then selling them without his dodgy pics!

post-655-1192052814_thumb.jpg

post-655-1192052823_thumb.jpg

post-655-1192052830_thumb.jpg

post-655-1192052839_thumb.jpg

post-655-1192052845_thumb.jpg

post-655-1192052865_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jaymoi

interesting. looks like you've got a zenith el primero (w/ movement used for ubi's infamous daytonas), some sort of hublot (i've personally never seen a non-big bang hublot) and a speedy moon watch. on the whole, some very nice watches/choices. if the price was right on that zenith, i bet you'd have multiple takers from RWG's membership....

good luck w/ the sale :victory:

deltatahoe

Hmm, I'd guess the Hublot is worth little on the resale market IMO - basic model, not very attractive.

The Speedy is the Reduced model I'm afraid, and again isn't going to fly out of the blocks on the resale market - you can buy a gen new for under $1000 so I would estimate around $400.

The Zenith however is your banker, the EP movt alone means you'll shift it. Price, I reckon you'll get maybe $1000-1500 for it depending on condition.

My pricing may be a little out since my native currency is not $ so please get some US opinions.

Well i still need to find out the correct price for all of these bad boys to sell them off 2nd hand.

If anyone could help me out, that would be great. PM me if you wish :)

Moi.

I really had no idea this Zenith was so popular! Anyone interested in hear for it?

Jaymoi,

In your situation, I would think it would be worth investing $20 in-

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Price-Guide...6799&sr=1-1

I have an older copy of this, and it lives by my 'puter. So handy to ID and value anything which "pops up"

And the sister book-

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Expert-Colle...6799&sr=1-2

may also proove handy, for an extra $10!

Offshore

The Speedy is the Reduced model I'm afraid, and again isn't going to fly out of the blocks on the resale market - you can buy a gen new for under $1000 so I would estimate around $400.

I got dibs on the omega for $401. Seriously put me on your list if you arrive somewhere around that price!!!

Well i shall certainly bear it in mind! First i need to find out how much it costs brand new etc etc blah blah. And also what my friend paid for it and what he is willing to let it go for!

If you put the Omega on sale here for $500, you'll have plenty of people, myself included, very interested.

If you put the Omega on sale here for $500, you'll have plenty of people, myself included, very interested.

Yeah but that's because you have seller's remorse from your now-departed domed Speedy rep :p

Personally I wouldn't touch a gen Reduced at any price, just doesn't speak to me. My own domed acrylic Speedy rep is a nice place filler whilst I'm lurking around to snap up a Pre-Moon.

Most likely the answers to many of the questions you'll have can be found on TZ including perhaps some of the same models up for sale which will give you a price point. I think there were some Speedy reduced threads floating around here and some of our members have them. Good luck!