When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

frankenjust project canceled!

llsteve80

Just when I had 95% of the parts I needed for my sweet frankenjust project accumulated, I get laid off of my job of 9 years. I feel shocked. Guess it's time for an ebay firesale! (secretly hoping it doesnt sell) And just to make things worse, I slam my submariner into the drawer and bend the clasp all to wack. I emailed Josh to see how much for a new one. I kind of have it wearable now, but its out of true so the safety clasp sticks so hard to the clasp that I need to pry it off. HA! Serves me right. Figures. I was just starting to get that slowpoke at palo alto micro motivated enough to actually sell me some stuff too. Curses!

Side note: Anyone hiring? :p

EDIT 10/15: I have decided to go back to school, full time. Hoping to start fall semester. I'll probably be the oldest person there but it's better late than never. I'll do some part time until then.

RIP Frankenjust!

PA080006.jpg

Edited by llsteve80

I am really sorry to hear about the lay-off. Been there, done that (more than once). Hang in there, something will come along (it always does).

Can you post a clear photo of your clasp and bracelet? Maybe I can help.

Thanks

Its the pin in the Flip lock, picture isnt clear but i have it circled. You can also see how the inner part of the clasp sticks out when closed. I know the flip lock got really bent when I closed the drawer on it. I have a plain clasp with not rolex stuff on it that I can throw on, but I don't really want to.

watch1.jpg

watch3.jpg

Sincere regrets and hugs about the lay-off, llsteve80. The US economy is percolating, despite some ideas it was going towards its usual end-of-decade readjustment, but lay-offs are perpetual sadly.

Small comfort for you, but you'll get something. There's always something out there. :)

Best of luck on your Franken, and don't give up hope you'll finish it, though it might go on the Bay!

FOLLOWUP: 7 or 8 cars?!?! What on earth, sell those first! My God, I was about to PayPal you an anonymous donation. :p

Sincere regrets and hugs about the lay-off, llsteve80. The US economy is percolating, despite some ideas it was going towards its usual end-of-decade readjustment, but lay-offs are perpetual sadly.

Small comfort for you, but you'll get something. There's always something out there. :)

Best of luck on your Franken, and don't give up hope you'll finish it, though it might go on the Bay!

Thanks V, it's already on the Bay :p . So is a bunch of other random stuff. I still have 7 or 8 cars left too that I can sell so I'll be Ok for a while.

Thanks V, it's already on the Bay :p . So is a bunch of other random stuff. I still have 7 or 8 cars left too that I can sell so I'll be Ok for a while.

Thanks

Its the pin in the Flip lock, picture isnt clear but i have it circled. You can also see how the inner part of the clasp sticks out when closed. I know the flip lock got really bent when I closed the drawer on it. I have a plain clasp with not rolex stuff on it that I can throw on, but I don't really want to.

watch1.jpg

Those things are very flimsy and often get bent or broken. I cannot offer you a job and it is difficult to tell from your photos, but I think I have a replacement clasp assembly in my parts box that may fit. Can you flip the clasp over to the other side & give me the 4 or 5 digit number to the right of the Rolex insignia?

Ah, did you say you have '7 or 8 cars'? I think I see the fly in the ointment..

Those things are very flimsy and often get bent or broken. I cannot offer you a job and it is difficult to tell from your photos, but I think I have a replacement clasp assembly in my parts box that may fit. Can you flip the clasp over to the other side & give me the 4 or 5 digit number to the right of the Rolex insignia?

Ah, did you say you have '7 or 8 cars'? I think I see the fly in the ointment..

Its 93250, but does that even matter on the reps? I asked josh to quote me on the link that attatches to that flip and the whole buckle so I Don't have to mess with anything but a screw and a springpin. I have another clasp with 62523h actually, rep also, and it wont fit this right either. I put a solid link band on this thing too already, it 135.5 grams, exact with the gen. Thought I was done with this thing 'til the drawer. Leaving it on the nightstand before i smash something else.

Yup, 7 or 8 cars. None fancy, just what I do for some side cash since I have a friend at the dealer who sells the trade ins to me before they ship them all out to the auction. Don't know what fly in the ointment means BTW. Let me try to list them off:

1995 Chevy Blazer Michael Jordan Edition (what the heck is that anyway)

1989 Chevy Celebrity (Paid $5)

1992 Toyota Camry

1995 toyota Camry

1996 Dodge Avenger

1998 Ford windstar

2000 Ford Contour Sport

I'll be OK for a while, The thing I was sad about when I started this thread was the fact that I have to give up a hobby that I love, it's too much to be playing with right now. The deal with the job sucks, but that's life. I was just so close to completing my project, all I needed to do was source 1 part for the date mechanism on the 2836 and then bam! I just can't justify continuing at this point. Plus, once I am gainfully employed again and getting a steady salary, I can start over and next time it might be easier getting the parts and whatnot that I need since I had to learn the hard way. It will be faster and I'll probably get it done for less too.

Just came across this pic on a site: What is that supposed to be. Very Interesting. Says Datejust on it. No date though. I am amused now. $39.99

wtf.jpg

Don't know what fly in the ointment means BTW.

Yes, you've heard that expression -- it suggestions an irritant. Maybe your bosses got wind of those 7 or 8 cars, and didn't like it or thought you could survive a lay-off better?

Pea-eyed green envy being the worst of all human sins, IMHO. :(

Let me try to list them off:

1995 Chevy Blazer Michael Jordan Edition (what the heck is that anyway)

1989 Chevy Celebrity (Paid $5)

1992 Toyota Camry

1995 toyota Camry

1996 Dodge Avenger

1998 Ford windstar

2000 Ford Contour Sport

:o

:1a:

So thats what that means. You might be right. Everytime someone at work wants a watch, a phone or a car they ask me. I had my hands in all kinds of things and it was known. But I also had the highest salary (on the shift) and my position WAS becoming rather useless. New building, new semi-automated system, that kind of thing. But, since the owner is my father's best friend and my father is the 2nd in command, I thought they would just move me somewhere else when it got to the point where I didn't need to be where I was anymore. Unfortunately, They also fired 7 other people, so a position change wasn't really in the cards. That reminds me, I wanted to use my boss's reef tank for TWP's photo contest, how long is it going on for, when is the deadline? I'm still welcome there, just not welcome to work.

Its 93250, but does that even matter on the reps? I asked josh to quote me on the link that attatches to that flip and the whole buckle so I Don't have to mess with anything but a screw and a springpin. I have another clasp with 62523h actually, rep also, and it wont fit this right either. I put a solid link band on this thing too already, it 135.5 grams, exact with the gen. Thought I was done with this thing 'til the drawer. Leaving it on the nightstand before i smash something else.

Just came across this pic on a site: What is that supposed to be. Very Interesting. Says Datejust on it. No date though. I am amused now. $39.99

wtf.jpg

I am unclear from your response as to whether you have sorted out a suitable replacement clasp or not. If not, I have a rep 93250 clasp I can send you. Just PM me with your name & address and I will get it to you.

As for the 'Datejust'.......save your money. It is a complete fantasy & overpriced at half the price.

What do you do and what state are you in; I am connected in certain circles, and would be willing to get your name around if applicable.

Thanks Tenacious, I live in the NW burbs of chicago, IL. I was in dispatch at the job, but I've been successful in sales so thats what I'm looking at right now. Maybe I should apply at an AD