When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying SFSO - but which colour please?

fivefive

You're going to let us decide?

Accuracy-wise, they're all you'd need, so it's a matter of taste. I got white because I have lots of black-faced watches. Black is probably better with rubber or steel and white is probably better with leather.

It's all opinion.

is it true that AR looks much better on black than white?? ^_^ thx

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's ass if the color shade of the blue is a bit different. Blue is usually the only option for me on sports watches. :)

Same thing with the Aquaracer. Even if the black and white versions are probably more accurate, they don't do anything for me. I think the best suggestion (for the guy who asked) is that you buy what you like the most. The chances that someone calls you out because of the lighter/darker shade of blue on your watch are about 1:100000. I bet I won't live long enough to meet someone other who owns this exact same Breitling model... at least in my neck of woods.

totally agree with ya!! just pick a color, wear it with pride and you are good.

You're going to let us decide?

Accuracy-wise, they're all you'd need, so it's a matter of taste. I got white because I have lots of black-faced watches. Black is probably better with rubber or steel and white is probably better with leather.

It's all opinion.

I ordered my white swiss SFSO from Silix on the weekend, cant wait to get it. Like pugwash I have a black faced Tag and a blue faced Omega so it was time for something different ;)

Couldn't get any daylight shots before it got too dark (long day at the office). But as promised... here are some quick studio shots (completely unedited and dirty).

With straight light exposure, no contrast correction or reflector cards.

IMG_7061.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

Straight light exposure, auto levels and some cleaning. Colors 100% untouched.

2-7.jpg

Now see the contrasted studio shot. Black reflector card used.

bre_ending.jpg

Here's abat's photo of his SFSO lite:

wt2-15.jpg

And once again, the gen:

standard.jpg

I'm not arguing about the blue color being on or off anymore... but you have to realize it looks completely different under different lighting conditions. It would be nice to see the rep and gen side-by-side. The rep dial might be a tad darker?

Couldn't get any daylight shots before it got too dark (long day at the office). But as promised... here are some quick studio shots (completely unedited and dirty).

By-Tor, great shots. Just got he SOSF lite in blue myself. Your pics certainly do it justice!

@fivefive, just pick a colour, any colour. You'll not regret it!

(something tells me that you probably won't take the plunge on this model though!)