When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Community Watch

TWP

Dear All

Tomorrow I am leaving for five days to the back woods of Arkansas to get away from civilization for awhile. Retreating back to the cabin with phone service and internet. Hooray. If the weather cooperates I am sure i will take the sailboat out , and smoke the pipe.

Okay so getting to the true nature of this post. I have been thinking about sponsoring a community watch. Please forum members get involved. :whistling: It would be nice to come back to see a poll about the community watches of choice.

Okay here is how this is going to work. Only allowed for contributing members. Not a contributor yet, please do your research and you will learn how contribute to this forum.

I figured if we can generate enough interest then perhaps we could do two of them. These watchs are donated by me, and if kept well care off I have thought about doing an auction and allowing proceeds to go straight to forum.

Okay please someone put a a poll and see what kind of watches that the community is interested in.

I will be back in five days.

Cheers

T

Hey TWP-

Where you goin'? I grew up in Ft. Smith and went to the U of A in Fayetteville- used to have about 3 acres on a private airstrip near Eureka Springs.

Them's mah stompin' grounds.

And I think a community watch passaround is a neat idea- there was one of those on one of the forums quite some time ago, I seem to remember, and the pics (wristshots) of the watch in the various places where it landed were neat. Anybody remember that?

Hey TWP, i hope you have a great trip. Everyone should atleast a relaxing trip 3 or more times a year b/c it brings your mental state back to normal. All this work and should be laid off for some time.

But TWP, i wanted to know how my watch is coming along. I know your busy at time and you did tell me it will take about 3-4 weeks. but i just wanted a followup on the 127(modded) i ordered. I have about a month left before i also leave for a long trip to my country, and i just hope you take your time on asembling the mods so there are no problems after i recieve the watch since it will be difficult to send the watch from my country.

All in all hope you have a pleasent trip and make sure you relax and dont take it too hard and just kick back and realx

Edited by Bigrahizzle

I agree on the leather strap suggestion as opposed to a metal bracelet. Not everyone is equipped... or skilled at adjusting bracelets and after frequent adjustments even a good bracelet is likely to wear down.

I agree with your suggestion that it be restricted to active RWG supporters. But one other suggestion: How about stipulating that recipients make a $10 per week donation to RWG for the period they have the pass around watch in their possession? That seems like a nominal amount for the privilege you would be offering people.

One other idea: If there were two pass around watches, one could make the rounds in Europe and the other circulate in the US. (Sorry Ken and the other Aussies, not trying to exclude you, just thinking of the logistics of international shipping.)

In any case, have a great vacation. Consider yourself "off the clock" for the duration.

Magnificent suggestion. If I had my druthers (what are druthers anyway? Maybe I have them), I would choose an IWC Cousteau Divers 2007 as the PAW.

OTOH, maybe that one may never see the light of day again. Especially when it gets to me. :lol:

Seriously, though -- thanks for piping up. I'm all in, baby.

Great hols for you and the family!

Hello Everyone.

I would again love someone to take initiative when i am out of town to make a poll so when i return a watch would be chosen. I have no problem doing a modded 112H on a kevlar strap, but not ss.

Also i think that it is a great idea that members would pay $10 per week to the forum as a donation. I could do a watch for U.S. and Europe.

Please tell me what you think.

Also

Admin or moderators

Please let me know if these donations are allowed and if you can provide a link that would allow members to pay.

Cheers

TWP

Edited by TWP

OKAY

I have decided. I am going to do a 111h or 112H fully modded. It will take about two weeks for me to do this. I am going to send it on a strap culture strap, or the rep strap. I do not care if you change the strap, but if the lug strips it will be your responsibility. This is going to work on a refrerence base only.

The cost will be $10 dollars per week, maximum two weeks, and all money will be donated directly to the forum. When the watch finally makes it back to me I will auction the beloved piece off and proceeds will go to the forum

Cheers

TWP

I am going to miss all of you :(

This is a pretty cool thing to do and a good way for people like me to see your work. You just have to be sure to send it to people that are trustworthy so you know its gunna keep moving on.