When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitlings not among our reps,

BobM

Watchbuff has asked about a more precise Navitimer. Since he has brought up the subject of fidelity of one of the very popular Brietling reps, I have similar questions about some should-be-popular Brietling reps that aren't available at all ... and this puzzles me.

I would like to have a Brietling for Bentley GT - which is, of course, available - but one color dial seems not to be available: Spruce green. I would think that color with a nice brown strap would be a killer with earth-tone attire! I am surprised I cannot find it anywhere and make the assumprtion that I cannot get it even if I requested it. I presume this to be because of a low demand for this unusual color. ... still, it is just a dial color on the same base as already established.

Secondly, the 38mm Navitimer Montbrillant Chrongraph is a beauty! ... but not available in any form as a rep that would be an acceptable replica ... at least not that my considerable searching can find. I have seen some offered that are 40mm, have ruinning seconds at 9, and purport to use japanese automatic movements. I have seem some which say they are 38mm but use japanese digital movements with running seconds at 9. I think the only ones I have seen which show seconds at 3 (which is the design of the gen) are 40mm and suggesting they are using japanese automatic movements. And I think those are from scam sites. None of our esteemed dealers present ANY 38mm Montbrillant Chronographs. I am obliged to conclude, therefore, the watch is not repped. Why not?

In search of new knowledge ... always.

well i think you answered the first question yourself...the demand for that not-so-popular color wouldnt sell.

the second question is probably due demand once again...not too many people wear watches that small anymore. i think rolex's are even bigger than 38mm...could be wrong on that one though. i think guys watches have to be atleast 40mm now a days. ...and they are getting bigger and bigger. i would think the average size for a mens watch now is probably around 42mm. could be opinion.....could be whats in demand.

Datejust are 36mm, 1 of my favorite watches in fact I have a nice project in the works =) daytona's are 40mm, daydates are around 36 i believe all great watches but sure compared to brietlings their small

Edited by UB7

Rolex Day-Dates are 38mm. Most of my watches are 40mm or less.

But you are saying the real answer to my questions is insufficient demand, for both.

Frankly I just don't buy it. To field the Spruce green Bentley GT would require only the work to do one dial which is just a color change from already esisting dials ... surely not much of an effort to present the complete range of that product.

And on the 38mm Montbrillant ... well, maybe you're right about that one, but that would be a shame. It is such a lovely watch.

I think most of my watches will continue to be 38-40mm, with only a few larger than that. The Bentley GT will certainly be one of the larger ones.

Like the old lady who kissed the cow ... Each to his own choosing, I guess.

no need to get bitter about what i said. you asked why i just gave my opinion on why i think these werent made. people can choose what they want to buy i just thought it had to do with the demand...could be something totally differnet for all i know.

I am not at all bitter at your response, truly glad to have your imput. The only thing I am bitter about ... well, not bitter really, just dismayed ... is that these choices are not available among our reps and I had hoped to have someone chime in to say, "Oh, but those are available at ...[somewhere I had not looked] "

No such luck.

Thanks.

I think the only ones I have seen which show seconds at 3 (which is the design of the gen) are 40mm and suggesting they are using japanese automatic movements.

There is no decent replica for the 2894 movement. Therefore, you'll not see an accurate small seconds-at-three chrono rep until someone manages to copy that movement.

Don't hold your breath. You're more likely to see a ... oh, I don't know, 3035 copy first. :whistling:

Pugs is right. With the montbrilliant it's a space issue. I just cant see them squeezing the modified 7750 (seconds at 3) into a 38mm case, and still having room for the slide rule markings and bezel insert. The 2894 obviously has a more compact subdial arrangement.

I just want the GT to be revised with better/smaller inner bezel rehaut (white area) and a crystal that stays in place when you turn the bezel....the green dial wont sell so they wont make it....bottom line. The montbrilliant has two things going against it as already stated so its chances of production are even slimmer.

Edited by CY0811