When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Baby threw up on my IWC!

dangerman

My four month old baby son just threw up all over me, my 3717, and its leather band (on to my third shirt for the day now).

I guess that's a good argument for stainless steel bracelets! It's a bit of a lost opportunity really. Could have gone where no post has gone before, but unfortunately I rinsed it off before I thought to get some pictures for the forum.

Ahhh the ongoing replica adventure.

I knew I bought that Orange Monster Diver for a reason. That will now become my go to watch for future baby duties.

Hey at least the dog didn't swallow it right?

Anyone got anymore gross watch stories to share?

I observed a gentlemen sitting at a bar who was wearing a fiddy. A very large black woman approached him, she must have been 300 lbs minimum, "Lemme see dat watch" she almost shouted at the fellow, grabbed his wrist and then farted loudly on his watch. The crystal on the fiddy fogged up, cracked, then blew out across the room in little pieces. "Hmmph, jes like I thought, a fake watch" exclaimed the woman as she waddled her way into the night. :blink:

you wanna hear a funny story...here it goes...

my dad had a gen Patek on his wrist (a calatrava from the 1936) and was driving a car...so while he was driving he encountered a traffick jam or something like that...he was nervous and started wawing with his hands...while doing so (his car window was open), the buckle of the watch band opened and the watch flew out of the window on the other lane, luckilly the cars were not present at that moment on the other lane but he didn't even care about that...he just openede the door of the car and without looking threw himself on the watch...

the watch came out with a broken crystal and no much damage...my gather didn't had any injuries...so it is a happy ending story....

lol

:crazy:

I observed a gentlemen sitting at a bar who was wearing a fiddy. A very large black woman approached him, she must have been 300 lbs minimum, "Lemme see dat watch" she almost shouted at the fellow, grabbed his wrist and then farted loudly on his watch. The crystal on the fiddy fogged up, cracked, then blew out across the room in little pieces. "Hmmph, jes like I thought, a fake watch" exclaimed the woman as she waddled her way into the night. :blink:

Haha, what one will do for his watch! Indeed an original story! I think your dad is not alone when it comes to such acts! ;)

you wanna hear a funny story...here it goes...

my dad had a gen Patek on his wrist (a calatrava from the 1936) and was driving a car...so while he was driving he encountered a traffick jam or something like that...he was nervous and started wawing with his hands...while doing so (his car window was open), the buckle of the watch band opened and the watch flew out of the window on the other lane, luckilly the cars were not present at that moment on the other lane but he didn't even care about that...he just openede the door of the car and without looking threw himself on the watch...

the watch came out with a broken crystal and no much damage...my gather didn't had any injuries...so it is a happy ending story....

My story is not so much disgusting as it is embarrassing...

I was presenting a project for hedge fund investors whom I was trying to woo over to put some money in a starting restaurant outfit....in ourder for me to win the confidence of the investors, I had to make myself appear confident and successful, so I wore my most expensive-looking watch (a Yacht-Master) that I knew they would recognize.

As I was showing then graphs and charts, I made a few key points abotu investing on paper. I put it on the conference room table and they saw my watch. Looks like they were staring at my watch than the paper, but in a split second...the springbar popped out of one lug and it just fell apart on my wrist.

Needless to say, I was called out on the watch and called out on the fib. I lost the deal and they ended up investing in some up-and-coming golf course chain.