When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

just received my replica eddie van halen guitar ;)

2005SUBMARINER

hey guys whats up ! this is a continued thread of fake guitars ! .

my friend gio turned me on to this china website that sells rep everything ;) .

iv been wanting for a long time a eddie van halen kramer guitar ! but those things are almost 3k ! to much mula for me man ! -_- ..

anyways to my amazement i saw a replica of this guitar on dhgate.com & bought it for $367 shipped !

so today it arrived my 1st impression was wow awsome ! .. the guitar body is solid wood , it did need setting up , wich iv had to adjust the truss rod , floating bridge , & all i have to do is tweek the intonation . but amazingly the dam thing stays in tune ..

the china pick up is a lil animic & i will replace it was dimarzio tonezone ! ;) .

once i finish setting her up & laydown a lil vid for you guys :rolleyes: .. heres some pix .

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

my gen jackson & ibanez ;)

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

So when are you going to set up the RGG? (Replica Guitar Group)? Course we'll also need a Replica Guitar Collector - RGC and of course the replica-guitar.info board. Maybe guitargeek? :p

Great looking axe, I'm heading there now to see what kind of treat I can find?

thanx dude ! good idea ;) rgg :lol: .. man im so glad they have these replica guitars ,last year i almost bought a $2k evh guitar ..

happy shopping man they have everything replica in that webpage .. ;)

What is the hardware like, trem, machine heads etc, decent quality?

I wonder how well the frets are finnished too.

I suppose if the neck is good and the body is reasonably resonant you have the makings of a nice guitar when you have added the di marzio.

I'm bloody jealous now.

What is the hardware like, trem, machine heads etc, decent quality?

I wonder how well the frets are finnished too.

I suppose if the neck is good and the body is reasonably resonant you have the makings of a nice guitar when you have added the di marzio.

I'm bloody jealous now.

the hardware is ok not as solid as my gen jackson / ibanez but within time i will mod this mother , to be just as solid as her 2 big brothers ;) .. ill get jackson hardware on ebay & slowly mod it .. the main thing is that the body is solid wood & not plywood :D .. the 1st mod will be swapping PU'S , the dimarzio tone zone will be installed in the more expensive ibanez & the ibanez infinity 2 pu's will be installed in the evh kramer rep . ;) .. but thats after i finish setting her up & take her for a test drive ..

Awesome! Just listened/watched your You Tube deal.....I'm impressed.....I grew up listening to Van Halen.....I don't play guitar, but I thought I'd let you know that sounded great....

Cheers,

rbscott :good:

thanx man that was fun ! :D once i get the rep kramer tuned up ill lay down a short vid for you guys , see the rep in action ..

:D thanx for the compliment ;)

I have the same ibanez without the inlays, also, that jackson looks great,,,thanks,,,I may look into ordering one of these,,I mean, If I can take a watch apart I should be able to set up a van halen rep,,,byw,,,,,this totally reminded me of some point in the 80s when I took different colored tape and made my guitar look like eddie's

I have the same ibanez without the inlays, also, that jackson looks great,,,thanks,,,I may look into ordering one of these,,I mean, If I can take a watch apart I should be able to set up a van halen rep,,,byw,,,,,this totally reminded me of some point in the 80s when I took different colored tape and made my guitar look like eddie's

thats exactly how he did it , tape & krylon spray paint , he didnt even use clear coat on his guitars . ;)

Awesome guitar, congrats on your purchase! I'm glad the guitar's solid and it shipped in a reasonable amount of time (unlike some of my watches!). I'm going to have to put some pennies together now and look into getting me a PRS. Can't wait wait to hear how it sounds (might be nice if you laid something down "out of the box" then played the same thing again when it's fully set up and modded using the same effects to get a before and after).

...and, in to keep it in true RWG style: Have you spotted the flaw(s) yet?

Awesome guitar, congrats on your purchase! I'm glad the guitar's solid and it shipped in a reasonable amount of time (unlike some of my watches!). I'm going to have to put some pennies together now and look into getting me a PRS. Can't wait wait to hear how it sounds (might be nice if you laid something down "out of the box" then played the same thing again when it's fully set up and modded using the same effects to get a before and after).

...and, in to keep it in true RWG style: Have you spotted the flaw(s) yet?

thats a very good idea , im gonna try to lay something down out of the box & then after the mods :rolleyes: very good idea gio ! .

flaws are the paint job is a lil off , but evh did many racing stripe scemes with many guitars he put together but im very happy with it my friend .

the neck is not as solid as my pro models guitars althought i can easily change that .

the pro is that the body is solid & i can build from that . ;) the pick ups are china very low range & animic & i will replace those assap . amazingly the replica floyed rose trem stays in tune very very well . i will finish setting her up tommorow & probably lay something down .. ;)

Glad you're happy with it. I think you might have just created a little spike in guitar sales on DHgate. I hope the quality of yours is a reflection of the general quality of the rep guitars coming out of china now.

p.s. I like the headstock. If your fingers get tired from shredding you could turn it over and fire a couple of pucks around to relax, lol!

Nice.

I probably don't have to ask if you're going to see the new Van Halen tour with DLR. :D

Personally, I always liked Hagar more. I saw DLR's solo gig once, and he totally sucked (and was drunk as a pig). But then again, I'd love to hear a bootleg from this new VH tour... the fans will probably love it.