When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is NOT a for sale posting

freddy333

Apparently, it is not just gen Daytona prices which are heading for the stratosphere.

According to an email I received from him this morning, our friend at jewelryandwatch is selling his 6239 frankentonas at the 'special price' of $6500.00

l_6239-1.jpg

But based on the quality of his dials (the crowns look like a blind man cut them out with a chisel (or maybe he just lets his cat chew them to give them a nice 'patina')) and hands (each of the 2 chrono seconds hands I got from him (at twice the cost of DW's) came loose at the rivet that holds the hand to the hand stem & I had to epoxy them to keep the hand from spinning, freely, around the dial). I have to wonder, though, if he is actually getting that much. If he is, he must be doing well enough to afford to buy a few gen 6239s.

I just thought you would like to know........

It's kinda like watching the Frankentonas on ebay. The prices range from $4500 and up. And there's no telling how high 'up' is. Obvoiiusly there are collectors out there who have more dollars than sense.

And look at the Franken DRSD that went for over $10K on the bay last month. Crazy.

BTW, won't Dinh build you a Daytona when you supply the V72 for like $2500?

$4,500 with your V72. Considering you could buy one of DW's (with a much better dial & hand set) for under $2,000, I think it is kind of steep (putting it mildly). But, on the other hand, if you wanted a vintage Daytona and did not want to pay $60k for a gen & did not know about RWG, $6,500 is not such a bad deal. If only his dials & hands were not so scummy........

Oops, I stand corrected. Jewelry and Watch has redone his website and it's $4500 to build a 6239 w/ you supplying the V72!

And he just keeps on building frankens, I guess.

Yes, but based on his email, it looks like he wants to sell frankens. And, at $6,500 each (for the 6239 Daytona), considering that everything after the V72 is nearly pure profit, he should do quite well. But if you compare one of his vintage Daytonas to one of Avitt's 2 beauties, I think you can see the difference between a watch created by a seller, who builds for profit & a watch created by an artist, who builds for beauty and the sheer love of watchsmithing. And the difference shows.