When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why To Buy A Replica Buy Genuine

panerailord

grin.. IWC is a difficult brand from that perspective; they make such beautifull watches but also at a pretty high price.. the movement in my Sinn 756.S is pretty much the same as the movement in my IWC fliegerchronograph, I know IWC tweaked the movement and did (god knows what) with it, but it's basicly the same movement (if I am not mistaken) but the watch costs about 4x more... And I know; IWC is measuring up with the "big guys" and the brand has been taken over by Richemont too (did you guys know that the former big boss of IWC is now head of Sinn..?) so I guess that explains it but still... I haven't seen a rep of IWC that can match the quality of some of the gens and I specificly mean the details like the old style diamond shaped stainless steel bracelet that came with the fliegerchronograph; but on the downside; nowadays IWC doesn't make those anymore due to being to labor-intensive... so a big thank-you to the richemont company (argh...)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes those are my personal thoughts and is not meant to be a generalized statmen about others. But nothing is. This just comes down to personal preference. Why does someone need a $250K Ferrari when you can get a brand new Kia for $9K and does the same thing?

I think that example does not correlate to the rep industry.

A better example would be, why $250K for a Ferrari if Guangzhou Motors is selling an almost identical car, offering almost identical performance for $15K- often with the exact same parts?

Bill

I think that example does not correlate to the rep industry.

A better example would be, why $250K for a Ferrari if Guangzhou Motors is selling an almost identical car, offering almost identical performance for $15K- often with the exact same parts?

Bill

and also with the same engine :lol:

Bignasty, my apologies if I misunderstood your post. But shouldn't you be buying a watch because you love it to bits? I dunno about you but expecting an AD to treat you with "respect" just because you wear a gen is just wishful thinking (& niave) imo.

you don't think that you should be treated with respect if you ware your gen into a ad? hell yes they had better treat you with respect. if you drive your bently into a bently dealership you can bet your ass you will be treated with respect. if you are not, you call bently and report them. the next time you go there you will be treated with lots of respect. any time you spend stupid amounts of money on something you could have bought at 1/10 of the price, rolex or timex, bently or cheverolet, you can drive or tell time with either. when you spend that much money you bought their respect because you are a potential return customer and thats how they make their living. where i live the rolls royce dealer lost his dealership for that very reason. makeing to many customers mad. rolls told them to change the way they treated their cusomers. they did not and rolls royce pulled their dealership and they went out of buisness. money buys respect all day. it's just the world we live in.

you don't think that you should be treated with respect if you ware your gen into a ad? hell yes they had better treat you with respect. if you drive your bently into a bently dealership you can bet your ass you will be treated with respect. if you are not, you call bently and report them. the next time you go there you will be treated with lots of respect. any time you spend stupid amounts of money on something you could have bought at 1/10 of the price, rolex or timex, bently or cheverolet, you can drive or tell time with either. when you spend that much money you bought their respect because you are a potential return customer and thats how they make their living. where i live the rolls royce dealer lost his dealership for that very reason. makeing to many customers mad. rolls told them to change the way they treated their cusomers. they did not and rolls royce pulled their dealership and they went out of buisness. money buys respect all day. it's just the world we live in.

Well, we all see things differently.

I expect to be treated with respect by anybody I deal with. Otherwise, I'll just [censored] slap the bastard until his demeanor improves.

Bill

I expect to be treated with respect by anybody I deal with. Otherwise, I'll just [censored] slap the bastard until his demeanor improves.

Bill

yes, me to, but the fact remains that you will treated better if you have money than if you are poor.

You appreciate reps more when you are hit with a huge repair bill on gen watches.

The deployant on my Breguet Reveil du Tsar popped open out of nowhere today, slipped off my wrist and crashed to the marble floors today. Not good. The watch looks undamaged, but I'm sure something has been broken, if I want it serviced, another $1500+ out of pocket.

Bill

:lol:

yes, me to, but the fact remains that you will treated better if you have money than if you are poor.

Cash Rules Everything Around Me.

:g::brow::huh::wounded1:

If the "you" is the same "you," in both cases, I agree, but some people are never going to be treated with respect no matter how much cash they can drop (real respect, not phoney, fawning bs) and some folks are going to be respected if they're dead broke.

Bill

Bill

Bill

Brother....from another mother ! :D

Glad to know you Bill ! .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey,.. consider this.. from a salesman... I sell for my bread...

Unless you can tell me that you purchased your gen for a discount,.. down to wholesale...

or better yet to manufacturer cost..then you got ripped...sold,.. like a sheep to slaughter..

you paid for an illusion.. the smell, the sizzle..

Until that time.. I see well chosen reps as turning the tables... -_-

I have better money to spend than to spend on getting "respect" from people that I don't even care about. I tend to show an appreciation for people who shows respect for the right reasons and not how much money I have in the bank or what kind of car I am driving or which luxury watch what I am wearing.

Brother....from another mother ! :D

Glad to know you Bill ! .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey,.. consider this.. from a salesman... I sell for my bread...

Unless you can tell me that you purchased your gen for a discount,.. down to wholesale...

or better yet to manufacturer cost..then you got ripped...sold,.. like a sheep to slaughter..

you paid for an illusion.. the smell, the sizzle..

Until that time.. I see well chosen reps as turning the tables... -_-

Ahhhhhhh yes -- you're hearing me.

That's why I don't pass mine off as a gen. I see it as you see it - <snicker> "Dude paid $5K for a $500 watch . . . yeah man, makes me just wanna prostrate myself before him!"

If I was selling cars . . . let's just say we gonna play broke-back mountain and I'm gonna use me some spurs.

Yaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bill

Threads like these are a good reason to be into reps . . have you ever seen anything other than 'here's a picture of my new xxyyy' on Paneristi or the Timezone forums??

I love watches . . been into them for years. Did the nice-looking-but-quartz thing. . then discovered mechanicals in the form of Seiko 5s. The internet lead me to some AWFUL reps early on. I remember thinking if someone could just make reps that are Seiko 5 quality . . I don't even care if they are identical to the original, I just wanted them to keep time, look decent and perhaps keep the water out!

After that foray a bought a gen . . Not a brutal expensive one, but a watch I really loved. . ( a Fortis)

Now as far as gens go, Fortis is a lot like Sinn . .. real bang for your buck in the swiss watch market.

Shortly after that I found RWG1 and I'd have to happen on to a real excess of cash to ever look back.

Now don't get me wrong . . I still have and love my Fortis, but when my first knock off Sub from one of our dealers arrives for just over $200, with the same damn movement, sapphire glass, VERY GOOD assembly quality and it keeps better time than the Fortis . . even reasonably priced swiss watches are a rip off, which is really too bad.

I think maybe the mild exception to this rule is the kick ass in house stuff from the likes of AP and Mille. You're just not going to get that stuff in a rep- ever. So if those places didn't play by the same inflated swiss rules and those watches were 10s of thou's instead of 100s of thous,, I might be into that.

As it is now . . hmm . . ultra exotic sports car or ultra exotic watch . . same price . . OK so there is a lot of technology and R&D in the AP Concept . . I have a feeling there is a little more in the Carerra GT! :rolleyes:

./RO

I have better money to spend than to spend on getting "respect" from people that I don't even care about. I tend to show an appreciation for people who shows respect for the right reasons and not how much money I have in the bank or what kind of car I am driving or which luxury watch what I am wearing.

go drop $300,000.00 on a new bently and see how [censored] off you get if they treat you like crap. i don't care what you say, you'll get madder than hell and demand to talk to somebody's boss.

Here's my "take" on that.....Go ahead buy a gen...then when it breaks, good luck trying to get it fixed for less tan the price of 2 or 3 nice reps!!

My gen Omega dynamic chrono stopped working, and for the price of fixing it, I bought 2 very nice Rolex and Panny reps...Meanwhile, the broken gen Omega sits in a drawer!!!...And I can wear any of my reps and STILL know what time it is!!

Hey frankt,

I would care for your broken Omega, c'mon let that baby out of the drawer to a new and nice home :D

I buy genuine Omegas only. It's not worth $4000+ for a Panerai.

EXACTLY !

When I think of buying a rep, I think of Rolex or Panerai.

But Omega... never.

First, they are much more worth their value than many other brands.

For example, a PO with co-axial & 600m is significantly cheaper than a steel luminor base. How come...

Second, I wouldn't like to do that to Omega - copy.

Great thread. As some have noted, I understand buying reps of certain watches. At the end of the day, I would NEVER drop the money required to buy the genuine of some of the reps I own or have owned. I love the watches...I love the look of the watches...but I have much better things to so with my money than buy genuines when I can get so much variety through our dealers.

But the Omega's and tag's strike me as a curious rep purchase only because many of the basic/common models that we see around here are affordable compared to the price of a good rep with a good movement.

Anyway, good topic...

Agree 100%. That's what makes this hobby fun for me. Building and modding watches is far more interesting than just buying a gen ;)

LOL,thats also my opinion....

I have a Gen Tudor Submariner,but hey its perfect you can`t do anything....

On my Rep Subs i can do a lot to make it perfect for me...

It makes me fun to do that...

And when the result is good i love it more than my gen....#

Thats the point for me....

Rg tribal