When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deciding on what my collection will be - Comments?

redroom

I just got my first rep (White SFSO - Asian) and now I am trying to decide what my collection will be. I'd love to have some comments, suggestions and advice.

For the white face watch I'm quite happy with the SFSO, but I'm considering on buying the Swiss SFSO. Is it worth upgrading to the Swiss ETA if I already have the Asian in the same color? Anyone have both?

For the black face watch I'm torn. I was thinking of getting either the TAG Carrera or Omega Seamaster Pro Chrono.

Which watch do you think is more elegant? I really like both of them. I'd like something "sporty" but it should go well with a suit or business dress.

For the blue face I am considering getting the TAG Carerra, but only if the black face is the Omega Seamaster. I'd like this watch to be the most casual. In case I get the black TAG Carerra what is another blue-face watch that would fit the bill?

Congratulations on your first buiy.

Is it worth upgrading to the Swiss ETA if I already have the Asian in the same color?

Unless you just want to "experience" the ETA 7750, why would you? I do suggest you get your A7750 serviced, i.e., cleaned and oiled, as generally counseled by The Zigmeister, to ensure long reliable performance by your A7750.

For the black face watch I'm torn. I was thinking of getting either the TAG Carrera or Omega Seamaster Pro Chrono.

Which watch do you think is more elegant? I really like both of them. I'd like something "sporty" but it should go well with a suit or business dress.

[bYou might also look at the Omega Broad Arrow with a black dial.. See By-Tor's reviews of the best Omegas, pinned in the Omega section of the forum.]

For the blue face I am considering getting the TAG Carerra, but only if the black face is the Omega Seamaster. I'd like this watch to be the most casual. In case I get the black TAG Carerra what is another blue-face watch that would fit the bill?

The Breitling Navitimer with subdials at 3-6-9, with a blue dial seems always to be a favorite.

Most of all ... enjoy your collection ... remember, YOU are the one who must be satisfied with your choices. :)

For the white face watch I'm quite happy with the SFSO, but I'm considering on buying the Swiss SFSO. Is it worth upgrading to the Swiss ETA if I already have the Asian in the same color? Anyone have both?

BobM...the SFSO doesn't use an A7750 movement...but either the Asian 2813 or ETA 2824 (no chrono functions).

The Swiss ETA SFSO adds in AR and saphire crystal on top of the Swiss movement. You can decide if that's important to you. Many argue the AR is not needed on the white face as much...others swear by their AR...especially on the blue or black face.

I would be inclined to add in a different watch for a different look.

The Omega SMP Chrono is a beautiful watch...there are great photo comparisons online...but, the watch has inconsistent water resistence. Gioarmani had great success with his out of the box...mine leaked. Either way...if away from water, the Omega is great.

If Bond can wear a Planet Ocean or SMP with a tux or suit...hey...why can't you wear it casually or in a suit.

As to other blue faced watches...look up By-Tor's review of the Omega SMP Chrono vs. Tag Link Chrono. I never thought much of the Tag Link Chrono until after that review.

The Rollie Noob/Beginmariner is always the classic choice too...sporty, mostly accurate out of the box, cheap and reasonably understated...this has a black face or the LV with green bezel.

Buy what you like & ask the forum if you have specific questions about a model.

Well yes, of-course I will only buy watches I like. But my purpose for posting was to see if there were any other watches similar to the ones that I have listed - just to see if there was anything that I haven't thought about. And I wanted to hear any comments on the ones I have picked thus far.

* Just wanted to make sure that my message doesn't come off as rude. I understand that it's annoying when people ask the forum what watch they should buy. My intent was to just hear ideas of watches similar to the ones I listed.

Edited by redroom