When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can't access RWI

rek001

Sorry to bother but, I can't get on RWI, first error message I got was that I was "forbidden access to this site" err, excuse me?

Now I'm getting message that its server can't be found.

Last time I logged on was Friday afternoon, I know they were going through some changes, a new site and whatnot.

Did I miss something?

In advance, thank you for helping me.

Thanks much for your help.

My goodnes, the old RWI shut down between Friday and Sunday PM? I thought nothing happens that fast in the rep world, the makers of the Slevin need to take a lesson here :lol:

I tried the link you provided me but when I register, it doesn't "take".

I'll try again later.

Thanks again, you guys are the best.

I'll try again later.

Thanks again, you guys are the best.

I'm not going to register in that other site. Just wait until RWI comes back up, and flit my time between RWG and Repgeeks (Repgeeks is REALLY nice. The people are extraordinariy friendly and encouraging).

I think the new RWC is better than the old RWI .. RWI is all drama and bullshyte lately and smart ass coments.. RWG is where the knowlegable people are and thats why i live here... RWI is kinda like being back in highschool again if you know what i mean.

RWI down = no big loss

I think we need RWI. I use these sites for information gathering and not a social club. I don't mind helping others when I can but these new sites have a very small history and very little information available for searches. You have to post everything and hope someone wants to answer. Even then you only have a very limited amount of information from a single post. That is hardly enough to make a purchasing decision.

We need RWI for its extensive database of searchable information. I don't care about the politics etc aspect of these sites. You can ignore those. It was also very reasonable for full access and didn't try to peddle features for ongoing and never ending access charges.

We need RWI for its extensive database of searchable information. I don't care about the politics etc aspect of these sites. You can ignore those. It was also very reasonable for full access and didn't try to peddle features for ongoing and never ending access charges.

Well since they recently changed to .cc like this site, we'll see about that. Just before the change came about, there was a call to donate...

As for needing various forums, absolutely. I'm a great believer in variety. The politics you mention is only relevant to those of us that are solidly entrenched in one or another of the forums.

I do have to say that I trust RWG's Mod team more than any other. They are neither suck-ups, nor do they hesitate to chastise even well-known collectors, if they see fit. And, of course, there is much less drama here.

However, each forum has their own dynamic, and I'm happy that's the case.

Well I finally got over to RWI and it's all screwed up, they have a bunch of old posts up, I don't get why they had to do this re-vamp.

I really prefer this place, it truly rocks with knowledge, sophistiication and wit. I check in on RWI just to see wassup, if I missed anything. Usually not much.

What I don't get is this new sister site of RWI, what is it called, RWC?

I mean, what's the point? How many splinter rep forums can you have? It's all geting a bit silly.

What I don't get is this new sister site of RWI, what is it called, RWC?

I mean, what's the point? How many splinter rep forums can you have? It's all geting a bit silly.

Though I just came in favour of variety, I'll just say that having a sister forum IS a bit confusing. Direct competition is more like it.

RWC however, and I'm sure Piratedzeus will give us info if that's the case, is an anti-scam site, rather than a chatty forum about rep watches, as this one, TRC, or Repgeeks etc. are.

Well since they recently changed to .cc like this site, we'll see about that. Just before the change came about, there was a call to donate...

As for needing various forums, absolutely. I'm a great believer in variety. The politics you mention is only relevant to those of us that are solidly entrenched in one or another of the forums.

I do have to say that I trust RWG's Mod team more than any other. They are neither suck-ups, nor do they hesitate to chastise even well-known collectors, if they see fit. And, of course, there is much less drama here.

However, each forum has their own dynamic, and I'm happy that's the case.

I agree they all have their own dynamic and RWG is a great forum. I do believe you can be very deeply involved in a site for information exchange and not be emotionally involved. It is the people who cannot make that distinction that cause most of the challenges.

I also think a call to donate is only a request for assistance. It is voluntary and no site access was held from anyone who did not contribute. What I was saying is RWG is by far the most expensive rep site and the only one that charges ongoing "dues" for full site access, which is quite different.

This is all fine and nothing is perfect. Change with sites is necessary and it keeps senior participants/mods or dealers from getting too dug in and dominating. On the other hand we need all them, as they are the foundation of information and the products we all seek.

Though I just came in favour of variety, I'll just say that having a sister forum IS a bit confusing. Direct competition is more like it.

RWC however, and I'm sure Piratedzeus will give us info if that's the case, is an anti-scam site, rather than a chatty forum about rep watches, as this one, TRC, or Repgeeks etc. are.

Why don't you just register there ... it is antiscam like all other forums, yes..but it is not only about that.

I like it very much.

The forum is designed to unite everyone from the different forums! Those who do not like the drama from RWI, those who think RWG is ignorant...blablablabla Why don't you guys just register and judge for yourself.

RWI Is back up btw .

Why don't you just register there ... it is antiscam like all other forums, yes..but it is not only about that.

I like it very much.

Sure, that's fine.

But the problem is that I have all the information I require about anti-scams on the 3 forums I frequent. I personally would be stretching myself too thin, attention-wise, if I added a 4th to my list of daily haunts (I don't frequent RWG1 or TRC for that very reason).

I wish you well over at the new site, nevertheless.

So why another replica watch forum? That is a good question and deserves a straight answer.

It is common for a member of any forum to be turned off from a forum for a number of reasons. I think the most common of reasons would be Interface, User Controls, Member Restrictions, Too Light or too Dark of a Theme for their liking and a political or atmosphere which they do not agree with. In addition to those reasons we would like to tell you what RWC was originally slated for. It was a domain name which we were going to test a migration of the RWI database into a new forum software. It was a "backup plan" in the event of a catastrophic problem with RWI. It became a testing area for many different things until we (JB and D4M) realized that we had an opportunity to bridge the gap between mutliple boards and yet offer things which were lacking in other interfaces. It was our chance to put more controls in the hands of the member and offer fully functional (modifications) Light and Dark Themes which has been an issue with many members across all forums.

Our emphasis will be on knowledge and reference material as apposed to who has what watch on sale. You might ask what RWC