When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 Water Resistance

drop

Certainly pressure test it first. The seals all have to be properly greased and the leading culprit on chrono's are the pushers. It may be fine but until you test it you are playing Russian Roulette with your watch. It can be fine on one occasion and leak like a sieve on another. I have not taken the 3717 swimming but have taken many others. But they all were sealed up by a watch smith first.

I wouldn't take any Chrono Rep in water.

this is good advice. there are plenty of great watches (uPO, steelfish, sub, etc) you can wear in the water with normal precautions (ie. have pressure tested and be sure to tighten case back, he valve and crown).

why risk it with one of your chronographs?

deltatahoe

I'd never take my 3717 to swimming - when it's gonna be more wet than rain I'll take my Citizen Promaster for sure. But last year on summer holidays I took my PAM 183 for swimming in the mediteranian sea with no prob, but - as mentioned before - it's not a chrono...

I'd never take my 3717 to swimming - when it's gonna be more wet than rain I'll take my Citizen Promaster for sure. But last year on summer holidays I took my PAM 183 for swimming in the mediteranian sea with no prob, but - as mentioned before - it's not a chrono...

DONT SWIM WITH THIS WATCH!

My friend had his serviced and one the screws inside were developing rust. He never swam or splashed it .. it was near the pushers so the watch smith said it was due to humidity. The pushers are the biggist issue with this watch with water resistance (or lack of)