When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum signatures too wide...

Dizzy

Hello admin and mods,

I have noticed lately that more and more threads are getting wider so i have to scroll back and forth side to side to read the text. Sometimes its due to big pictures but a lot of times it due to a forum member having a signature thats too wide. Not all of us are running wide screen monitors like they must be. Is it possible to limit signature width so us people with 1024x768 displays dont have to scroll sideways?? Its REALLY annoying when you are trying to read a review or something and the text goes right off the right side of the screen becasue a member with a wide sig posted somewhere in the thread. It might be easier to somehow limit signature width than have to ask everyone politely to change their sig constantly.

:)

Lonnie

If there are couple of signatures in particular (which ones?) you have the option to block sigs, or sometimes you can block images from a particular server too by right clicking on the image (being careful that you're not blocking other images you want to see though).

I'm not sure if that helps in the meantime.

L-dizzle,

Agreed it is a nuisance.

We are contacting members who have w i d e r siggys, and asking them to resize them.

In the meantime the only other option is to go to "My Controls" and answer NO to "Display sigg's"

Offshore

EDIT to add. And a couple of our great members have already addressed this little problem.

Please advise admin if any others crop up.

Yes, certainly an option, for anyone who wants to use it.

Thanks WT! I did just that yesterday when it became annoying.

However some siggys do contain valid and good info, so i do prefer to be able to see them.

It appears for now that the siggys in question are under control, but if the pronblem re emerges, a quick note to any admin member should sort it.

Thanks all.

Offshore