When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

conical "rehaut" correct on some subs?

Amplitude

I work on a lot of different watches at the jeweler I work for, and I started to notice on some of the newer subs the "rehaut" is conical, just like some of the reps here that people try to avoid. I have a two tone sub on my bench, not sure of the age, but it has solid end links, and drilled lugs. The movement has a free sprung balance. I suppose it's fairly new. (I'm not a modern Rolex fan, so I don't know much about them, I just work on them.)

I haven't been able to take good pics before, but I have a new camera now, so I'll take some pics tomorrow so you guys can see what I'm talking about. It looks just like some of the pics I see here of reps that are considered incorrect. I'll shoot a pic of the movement too so you can see I'm not trying to put one over on you. The only Rolex fake I have is a (very modded) "MBW" red sub and like I said, I don't keep up on Rolex much, so this may be common knowledge anyhow, but it's nerw to me. I will also be posting some pics of the more interesting stuff that comes through for fun as often as I can.

That, my replica-loving chums, is what I am talking about. In another thread I pointed out that the cartel's Summer blue sub has a pretty good looking rehaut. I have seen plenty of Subs in AD's here in London that look just like the ones above. I have never really had an issue with conical rehauts and just put it down to rep anorak's anal retentiveness. I normally have a good eye for detail since by trade I am a bespoke tailor. I thought I was going mad. Thanks Amplitude for saving my sanity.

pictures can be decieving.. .if you take a picture too close up, the rehaut will appear conical in the photo for some reason.. you need to take the pics in the macro setting at a medium distance at high resolution then crop it down to size later. ;)

pictures can be decieving.. .if you take a picture too close up, the rehaut will appear conical in the photo for some reason.. you need to take the pics in the macro setting at a medium distance at high resolution then crop it down to size later. ;)

It looks that that undr the eye loupe too. That's why I noticed and took the pics. (I did use the macro) The sides aren't straight, you can see it's not an illusion by the reflection of the markers inside the case. Anyhow, I just thought it was interesting. Next time I see one I'll try to post pics of it. Not all of them look like that.