When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC Overseas Dial Color

vlydog

VC Overseas   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Black or White Dial?

• Black
    • White

Personally I would say White,... Too many of my collection of the past had black dials,.. which I chose

for bold contrast and easy reading ... however...

White seems to go better with more clothing types and colors ...and the VC dial has chrome outlined markers

filled with lume as does the hands.. so easy to read regardless...

Definitely going with the double AR version.

@ Pix: loved your white dialed VCO in your collection post. That was what started this pursuit for me.

@ richard tracy: thank you. all of my current reps, 2 PAMs, 1 IWC and a rolli sub all have black dials.

@LordRasta: you are right. many members with black faced pieces, who have had their crystal double AR'd, have commented on how it makes the dial really pop! Also this will probably be a dressy watch for me so point taken about the white dial.

I'm going to order this one in the near future. Please help me decide which dial color looks best.

Thank you!

Apart from the advice given above on AR (which I agree with), depends on your complexion. My father is blond, and he looks great with either, preferring TeeJay's white-dial gift. :)

I've noticed that darker men should probably stick to the white face in the VCO.

@ vbarrett: you comment was one that I have not considered in my decision. I am fair skinned but I love the white dial on the only Gen I own. (Torre Automatic) check it out here. http://www.tanagro.com/flash_en.html

go to time piece.

@ brep: probably going to be wearing this at work with a suit but I like the possibility of mixing it up with my casual wardrobe.

@ vbarrett: you comment was one that I have not considered in my decision. I am fair skinned but I love the white dial on the only Gen I own. (Torre Automatic) check it out here. http://www.tanagro.com/flash_en.html

go to time piece.

Well, as you know, fair men (and women) have it easier colourwise. We're chameleons who can choose any colour from pumpkin orange to turquoise, and it'll still look fairly good. Olive-toned people, or black people, not so much.

(However, black men and Panerais = very good combo. Rrrrr. Depends on the watch design, too)

I love your Torre Automatic! Slightly Breguet, with a hint of Patek and Cartier about it. Classy all the way, but then, I expected that from you!

I think that the white dial certainly looks more 'dress' than the black dial (and even then, the watch is very versatile) I really liked the color of the white VCO, as it's a really nice off-white, that said, I just didn't like wearing it, and seem to subconsciously prefer dark dials. If you have a white dial which you like, then you might well like the white dial VCO. Best of luck with your purchase :)

White for an entirely different reason. I do have both but the white is more accurate. On the black the latest generation rep dial only comes with chromed hour numbers and marker surrounds. The genuine has frosted numbers. So on the black you have to stick with the first generation dial with smaller numbers, too small cross and squared date box. Stick with white with 3rd generation dial for best accuracy. I also like the white better because we all have so many black dial SS watches.

Hey kruzer,

Thanks for your input and coming at this with a brand new angle. The accuracy issue may be the deciding factor. I appreciate your help.

White for an entirely different reason. I do have both but the white is more accurate. On the black the latest generation rep dial only comes with chromed hour numbers and marker surrounds. The genuine has frosted numbers. So on the black you have to stick with the first generation dial with smaller numbers, too small cross and squared date box. Stick with white with 3rd generation dial for best accuracy. I also like the white better because we all have so many black dial SS watches.

Black is a good color for a sport watch. It really shines and looks great during the day. The dial is easily read. If you wear it with short sleeves during the day I like the contrast of the black dial.

With a dress watch it is just the opposite. I go white all the way. You will be indoors most, if not all the time. There will be low light rooms for dinners etc, hotels etc. You will also be wearing it a lot at night. The black just disappears in these situations. It would be just another unnoticeable black watch. I do believe the white looks more formal.

I agree 100% with Austin.

I just got the black version with double AR from Silix and the AR is great with the black dial!

The black is more verisitile and will of course show off the AR more.

If you are going to wear short sleeves mostly with this watch: go with the black

If you are going to wear long sleeves mostly with this wacth: go with the white

I voted in the poll for the black and ownthe black, but would consider buying the white as well, becuase I think they have a much different look.

Cheers,

M

I really love this watch, I would probably get it in black, but thats my personal preference b/c i love black watches.. its like vanilla or chocolate icecream - both great flavors but some people prefer 1 over the other...i think both colors look great on this watch i think your gonna be really pleased with this watch either way! please post pics when you get it :D Heres a quick side by side of the black, gens on the left - the dial looks damn good

vc.jpg

Edited by UB7