When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordered from Silix 2 weeks ago, but no response yet.

BobM

I issued an order on the Silix-Prime site 2 weeks ago. when I was ready to checkout, there was a message that I should send an email with the order number in the subject field, to get instructions on how to pay by paypal. I sent that email that evening. I didn't hear anything for 3-4 days so I re-sent that message with a question: "Hello?". Then I saw a post on the forum about how slow Jay is about responding to orders, let alone to miscellaneous emails. Then, I saw the post by LordRasta that he had ordered from Jay only to have his order comie zinging in to him within a week of his order. ... Its been two weeks since I ordered; I have heard nothing.

I there something I have overlooked? ... anything I should do? Is this "normal" for Jay. This is the first time I will have ordered from Silix so I have no earlier experience to use as a guide. I just checked; my order is still sitting in my shopping cart on the Silix site.

Suggestions, please?

:(

He never seems to answer emails the same day, I usually get a reply the next day. I had problems with other dealers where my emails were marked spam and they never saw it. I can't say this is your problem however. Try another email with "Need to pay for my order" in the subject. That might get his attention.

I have been waiting over a month for three watches and also a strap.

That's how it is with Jay.

My previous order I requested to be sent by registered mail, as I wasn't in a hurry.

It came three days later by EMS.

I don't have clue about this business model but I would suggest that you wait patiently as your order will eventually arrive without any further e-mails between you.

This is well know about Silix so that anyone who has a problem with it can act accordingly.

Fireman_Fred is having a related issue with Silix, Bob. I promise the moment Jay emails back (since I know him better than to swamp him with emails), I will mention your issue, as well as Fred's.

I'll use "Fred" and "Bob", but if you want, you can PM another name which I promise to keep in confidence. That might solve things.

And though it's easy for "veterans" like myself (in terms of 69 soon to be 70 rep watches bought) to say this, just hang tight. Things will turn out okay, because the guy is not a scammer -- not that you were suggesting that!

He's just real slow, these days. ;(

Take heed of what Lord Rasta and Carl said, because that's absolutely right.

Thanks to the intersession of vbarret, I have heard from Silix, via RWG PM. Silix was very apologetic about missing the order, very friendly yet very business-like. I received notice of both amount to pay and instruction for making payment. I have made payment. Now, we will see how well delivery works from Silix.

Thank you, Victoria.

I do have another, subsequent order planned for Silix.

I do have another, subsequent order planned for Silix.

Nice, Bob! Glad it all turned out well.

Perhaps this is what you are planning, but first get this order, check to see that all arrived in good-working order, THEN order again.

I mean, sometimes I myself can't wait, you know? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Watch and strap received today. I picked it up at the post office. I am very glad to have received my order.

Watch was ordered via Silix' web site September 30.

I sent three emails asking about status after several days.

By virtue of vbarret's intervention, Silix was notified and responded to me by PM that the order was "overlooked".

Order was finally posted November 14. Here is the post tracking record:

Bullet Delivered, November 19, 2007, 7:58 am, HOUSTON, TX 77036

Bullet Notice Left, November 17, 2007, 11:35 am, HOUSTON, TX 77036

Bullet Arrival at Unit, November 17, 2007, 10:10 am, HOUSTON, TX 77074

Bullet Processed, November 17, 2007, 6:31 am, HOUSTON, TX 77205

Bullet Inbound Out of Customs, November 16, 2007, 4:05 pm

Bullet Processed, November 16, 2007, 3:54 pm, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128

Bullet Inbound Into Customs

Bullet Inbound International Arrival, November 15, 2007, 1:15 pm, SAN FRANCISCO

Bullet Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Bullet Foreign International Dispatch, November 14, 2007, 10:01 pm, SHANGHAI EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Bullet Foreign Acceptance, November 14, 2007, 6:32 pm

The watch - a 28,800 HBB, stainless with black bezel - was received in good condition and runs okay. I am very pleased with the watch. The PVD'ed bezel is a far better rep of the ceramic bezel than I imagined it would be. I will get the watch to my watchsmith for service late this week, after I show it to my daugher-in-law (coming up from Florida for Thanksgiving). The watch is a birthday gift for my son. I am sure he will be pleased with it.

As I said, I am very grateful for eventially receiving this order. No one else - that I am aware of - offers the HBB's with the 28,800vph movements at Silix prices. Still ... I think I won't do that again. More hassel and uncertainlty that I want to tolerate.

Thanks to vbarret for the help she provided.