When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attending A Funeral In Elizabethtown

lefty47

No, I am not Orlando Bloom and I am not trying to drum up DVD sales for his cheezy movie, but I am attending a funeral in Elizabethtown, Kentucky this afternoon. Why, because an elderly cousin of my Mother-in-Law lived and died there.

Can anyone guess which watch I'll be wearing?

Answer when I get back tonight.

No, I am not Orlando Bloom and I am not trying to drum up DVD sales for his cheezy movie, but I am attending a funeral in Elizabethtown, Kentucky this afternoon. Why, because an elderly cousin of my Mother-in-Law lived and died there.

sorry to hear for the funeral....

but who cares what will you wear!

My condolenses... I gather that you were not close, as I don't think what watch to wear should be at the forefront of your mind if there was a death in the family... Having said that, something understated would be approrpriate, maybe a vintage Explorer 1 if you have one?

Hey, thanks for all your responses. They were all very good and appreciated. I especially liked:

Dadog13 "Sorry...but who cares?" No argument from me,nobody should.

InfiniteTime "...must not have been close" True, only met the old guy once. I went for the wife and in-laws.

FP Journe, a fellow Kentuckian form Owensboro, "it doesn't matter, nobody will notice." It doesn't and they didn't.

I just made the post to give me something to think about during a long day.

The answer is, of course a Fiddy, but not just any Fiddy- a Destro Model I bought from River last year. I am a Lefty, you know. Nice watch, with a Russian movement with a Swan Neck. I scratched the mineral crystal the first week I had it, but I have a Sapphire from Davidsen on order.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...