When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"You Stole My Style!"

Victoria

This story made the news bulletin rounds yesterday:

"Paris Hilton is being sued by a woman who claims the blonde socialite "stole" her look.

The "Simple Life" star has been accused of causing "emotional distress" to fellow Californian Nicolle O'Neill, who fancies herself as an inspiration to the party-loving heiress.

In a bizarre personal injury complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court earlier this month, O'Neill alleges that she suffers psychologically because of Hilton and accuses the 26-year-old of ripping off her style, including fashion-related "patens" (sic) and "stiling" (sic) tips.

Two pages of documents spell out specific charges against Hilton, including a claim that she stole O'Neill's idea to expose her underwear under her trousers. O'Neill also claims Paris swiped her idea to shop in vintage stores for retro dresses.

Hilton has yet to issue a response to the allegations."

From: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...;entry_id=21566

You mean...Paris is not an original bimbo with unique stiling??? That's not hot.

God, there really has to be lawsuit reform in the US. You can literally sue for anything.

Like the chap who died after lifting a Coke machine, because his money got stuck and the machine wouldn't cough up his soft drink. He lifted, tilted, and was crushed to death under its weight.

You know what his grief-stricken parents did?

Sued the makers of the vending machines because they forgot to put a message on the machine stating that lifting it might be fatal.

This is why you see stickers on Coke vending machines:

"Warning: Tipping may cause injury or death."

No sheet, Sherlock...

item number 9234 that must have a warning on it in the States: sun visors for cars saying they must be removed from the windscreen before driving due to lack of visibility when they are in place... Yes, lots of things need warnings for stupid people...

item number 9234 that must have a warning on it in the States: sun visors for cars saying they must be removed from the windscreen before driving due to lack of visibility when they are in place... Yes, lots of things need warnings for stupid people...

Some things are okay, like reminding people to put on seatbelts. When I drove a bicycle in England, I never wore a helmet, but reminding people to do so, is okay too.

BUT SUN VISOR! Wow, Phaedo, that's nuts. It's not that Americans lack common sense, as I used to think when I was growing up.

Is that someone somewhere will test the limits of the legal system in the US, by suing people for big $$$ for having failed to SPECIFICALLY mention such-and-such a thing.

Like "do not let kids play with with this bag, as it could cause suffocation".

Chances are some heartbroken mum sued for something she should've known better anyway...

When I drove a bicycle in England,

Sorry luvvy....you don't 'drive' a bicycle.....you 'ride' it.....please.....there are no team drivers in the Paris-Roubaix...Giro D'Italia....or TDF.......riders...luvvy...riders....!

Edited by TTK

This story made the news bulletin rounds yesterday:

"Paris Hilton is being sued by a woman who claims the blonde socialite "stole" her look.

The "Simple Life" star has been accused of causing "emotional distress" to fellow Californian Nicolle O'Neill, who fancies herself as an inspiration to the party-loving heiress.

In a bizarre personal injury complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court earlier this month, O'Neill alleges that she suffers psychologically because of Hilton and accuses the 26-year-old of ripping off her style, including fashion-related "patens" (sic) and "stiling" (sic) tips.

Two pages of documents spell out specific charges against Hilton, including a claim that she stole O'Neill's idea to expose her underwear under her trousers. O'Neill also claims Paris swiped her idea to shop in vintage stores for retro dresses.

Hilton has yet to issue a response to the allegations."

From: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...;entry_id=21566

You mean...Paris is not an original bimbo with unique stiling??? That's not hot.

God, there really has to be lawsuit reform in the US. You can literally sue for anything.

Like the chap who died after lifting a Coke machine, because his money got stuck and the machine wouldn't cough up his soft drink. He lifted, tilted, and was crushed to death under its weight.

You know what his grief-stricken parents did?

Sued the makers of the vending machines because they forgot to put a message on the machine stating that lifting it might be fatal.

This is why you see stickers on Coke vending machines:

"Warning: Tipping may cause injury or death."

No sheet, Sherlock...

I'm sure I've read somewhere that there are more vending machine-related fatalities each year than shark attacks :mellow:

I'm sure I've read somewhere that there are more vending machine-related fatalities each year than shark attacks :mellow:

Oh my God. People will do the oddest things, won't they.

Thank goodness vases went out of style, since I wonder how many arms got chopped off, after someone stuck in their hand, to get something which fell...

Oh my God. People will do the oddest things, won't they.

Thank goodness vases went out of style, since I wonder how many arms got chopped off, after someone stuck in their hand, to get something which fell...

That's the truth :lol: I take it you've heard of the Darwin Award? They're always good for a chuckle (that is if you are someone who finds humor in schadenfreude. I do. :lol: ) and I suspect that things like vending machine 'attacks' might make a few appearances ;)

That's the truth :lol: I take it you've heard of the Darwin Award?

In fact! This boy (of the vending machine death) was awarded it or at least nominated for a Darwin Award.

God, those things are so cruel. Must've been a Brit which invented them -- that's our humour all over. ;)

They're always good for a chuckle (that is if you are someone who finds humor in schadenfreude. I do. :lol: ) and I suspect that things like vending machine 'attacks' might make a few appearances ;)

SEE! LOL. Oh BTW, there is also a film about the Darwin Awards.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428446/

Starring Joseph Fiennes, David Arquette, and Nora Dunn, etc. I have yet to watch it, but sounds, uh, fun. :lol:

In fact! This boy (of the vending machine death) was awarded it or at least nominated for a Darwin Award.

God, those things are so cruel. Must've been a Brit which invented them -- that's our humour all over. ;)

SEE! LOL. Oh BTW, there is also a film about the Darwin Awards.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428446/

Starring Joseph Fiennes, David Arquette, and Nora Dunn, etc. I have yet to watch it, but sounds, uh, fun. :lol:

Fantastic :D I think the best one I heard about was a group of Russian farmers were out on a bender, when one used a chainsaw to cut the tip of his foot off. Another declared "That's nothing!" Grabbed the chainsaw, swung it round and intentionally decapitated himself :lol: