When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos 100 dial project update

rocket754

Well ladies and gentlemen I hate to bring everyone bad news that was waiting for an updated dial but I regret to inform everyone that my project is now toast :angry:

I went around and around with the manufacture trying to get some final corrections done but unfortunately I think they grew tired of the work involved and told me they could not go any further.

I pleaded to make some minor adjustments but I was told if I wanted to make more refined changes I need to supply a gen dial as a sample or a vector layout of the dial for more precise changes.

Anyhow I feel as though I spent all this time and got very close to my goal but was stopped short right at the finish line. What's a guy to do?you know?

I just wanted to let everyone know what the status is and to let everyone know I tried. :black_eye:

Here is the final sample before it was stopped, just to let you know how close I was to getting it perfected

samplesantosdialdq5.jpg

Thanks for everyones support and help.

I know. It's a major dissappiontment for me. The manufacture basically killed the project I was just left at thier mercy.

This dial even though it's not finished is better than anything else out there right now. At least I can say that. :rolleyes:

I appologize to anyone who bought a santos hoping to get a dial and now are left empty handed.

I didn't make any promises to anyone but it's still is kind of lame that it couldn't be taken to the end.

Well, I think everybody should say thanks to you for such an energy spent.

I'm sorry to hear it is stopped but sometimes you have to admit it's simply impossible.

The shame is on the manufacturer that do not listen to their customers and don't fix all these minor errors and flaws.

Thanks again for your time.

Cheers

Stephane

Goddamn cocksukers. Oh well, maybe they can recommend someone else that is interested in taking our money?

:lol: :lol:

There are other possibilities like going to another maker but the minimum order is large.

If I was to go to another maker the dollar amount I would have to pay is equal to just buying the gen santos 100 :huh:

I am just not having good luck with this :mellow:

Nice effort, and thanks for taking one for the team. This is what makes RWG the best forum by a mile. I'm actually surprised you got as far as you did without vector graphics. Why not print some as is for people who want them (since it is still an improvement) and maybe some day be able to refine it and release a rocket rev2 dial? Just a thought.

Can we not get a vector layout of the dial? to give to the manufacturer

I kind of figured this would happen when I saw the prototype--they just didn't have the skills and when it became clear to them that you weren't going to accept the half-assed crap they're accustomed to producing, they bailed. But this is all for the best--at least you weren't stuck w/ 50 dials nobody would buy. You did a great job and all of us Santos fans owe you big-time.

If you do find a good dial maker, I would take one thing they said to heart. You might want to invite one of the skilled graphic artists that hang out on RWG to join your project (I know of at least 3 who do graphics for a living, and they have been very helpful to me). I bet it would be very helpful to provide any dial maker w/ a finished vector drawing...

Thanks Rocket for all of your effort. It's unfortunate that it had to happen like that, but we all thank you for the time and effort that you have put in on your own accord. God knows how long we have been talking about getting it done. But you had tried all that you can, and perhaps it is blessing in disguise that we may run into another dial maker that may be better than this manufacturer in random. Thanks again.

@M

Your efforts in this project are nothing short of awesome...

My Santos will simply need to be happy in it's current state (which you've seen in person)...

Thanks for a tremendous effort...

Your friend,

TT

Thanks double T!

I want to thank everyone for the kind words. I feel really let down after getting so !explitive! Close and getting shut down! Live and learn I guess.

@ woody thanks man

To add insult to injury I found a couple santos crowns on the bay and they where the wrong size <_<

I too am disappointed rocket but I truly appreciate all you hard work and how unwaveringly generous you were in your time and energy with this project. It just goes to show how great this forum is and how wonderful it is to be associated with members like you. And to think I was already shopping for the watch.