When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deployant or buckle?

stagfan

I am for a deployant for most but do not like the Panerai deployants as I find them too bulky. This is just a personal taste thing on my part as I just prefer my Panerai watchers on a tang buckle. I like the Breitling deployant but prefer the generic double deployant push style for overall comfort.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I don't like the Breitling deployant. I do like most deployants because the tend to cause less wear on the strap. The Breit buckle causes a weird bend in the strap, and ends up creasing the leather. I prefer this kind of deployant as it keeps the strap straight and doesn't bend the leather...

HPIM0056.jpg

Yes,.Deployants are better for your strap, and easier for mounting & removing your watch...

That said However,... for comfort,.. Nothing is better than a buckle,..

Having that piece of metal pressing into your wrist all day and seeing that indentation when

you remove your strap, turned me away from deploys long ago...

Yes,.Deployants are better for your strap, and easier for mounting & removing your watch...

That said However,... for comfort,.. Nothing is better than a buckle,..

Having that piece of metal pressing into your wrist all day and seeing that indentation when

you remove your strap, turned me away from deploys long ago...

Did you tried butterfly (also called double) deployment? They has the advantage to be right in the center of your wrist when they are closed, and give a great comfort. just little tricky to close and need a learning curve on how to close it (one side at a time). IMHO, they are perfect for small wrist. Better than single deployment.

Here my 3717 on butterfly deployment on a TWB short strap:

IMG_9478.jpg

Edited by magagne

Did you tried butterfly (also called double) deployment? They has the advantage to be right in the center of your wrist when they are closed, and give a great comfort. just little tricky to close and need a learning curve on how to close it (one side at a time). IMHO, they are perfect for small wrist. Better than single deployment.

I have one of these, it was pretty cheap and its very comfortable.

@Andreww

Have you considered giving the deploymant a little bend to suit the curve of your wrist better? Might be worth a try if you have given up on it.

Yes,.. I have had several,.. and still found the metal skin indentation not to my liking..

Nothing compares to a buckle imo.. pure leather, no metal, besides the watch itself..