When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brushed vs. Polished Ultimate BCE Comparo...

DuDro

I thought this side-by-side comparison of a brushed and polished Breitling Chronomat Evolution would be helpful for those considering this mod. I did not perform the mod to my watch. It was purchased from a fellow member who had it done.

I've always liked the subdued look of the brushed case and bracelet of the Breitling Blackbird, but I think I like it better on the larger EVO case.

Please note that the brushed version has Swiss guts and the polished has the Asian counterpart. The only difference that I can discern is that the hands and stem are "more stable" when adjusting the time with the Swiss movement. The amount of noise from the rotor is about the same and both keep very accurate time. One more thing I noticed is that the Asian version's date changes over at exactly midnight. The Swiss version fully changes over around 5 minutes after. Not a major issue since this can be fixed when I change out the date wheel for a Lello date wheel.

Enjoy the pictures... B)

PICT0631.JPG

PICT0632.JPG

PICT0633.JPG

PICT0634.JPG

PICT0635.JPG

PICT0636.JPG

PICT0637.JPG

PICT0638.JPG

PICT0639.JPG

PICT0640.JPG

PICT0641.JPG

PICT0642.JPG

PICT0643.JPG

PICT0644.JPG

PICT0645.JPG

PICT0646.JPG

PICT0647.JPG

PICT0648.JPG

PICT0649.JPG

PICT0650.JPG

PICT0651.JPG

PICT0652.JPG

PICT0653.JPG

PICT0654.JPG

Now I need to ask myself...Do I need both? Hmmmm.... :p

Brushed gets my two thumbs up!! Question though, there is no gen equivalent on the Evo lineup correct?

Regardless if i were to get an BCE I would brush it just like this one....

I believe you are correct...For an all brushed finish, the Blackbird serves that purpose in their lineup of chronographs.